Sunday, October 30, 2005

Tickets, kicking around - online communication

Well not much going on for halloween weekend really - eh I think I will dress up for work on monday at least - I am going as a dork thing - a yellow smiley face that has vampire teeth. That should make me look all official as I have a couple of meetings and training sessions. "Yes we are instituting this new curriculum for our Exploratory class and stop giggling at my costume, I am being serious here damnit people...." :-D

I love using smiles and emoticons - anyone who chats with me online and even in my blogs knows I love the smiley - I actually have this whole complicated hierarchy setup - no shit - online communication lacks so much. Yet people develop speech and mood/feeling patterns in cyberspace just as they do in real life. Just harder to catch and you have to be very observant... I mean down to how many times they use prepositions or conjunctions, how they type out slang, contractions, what greeting they use, how many times they say ok vs eh or ah or such…. and so on - it is interesting to note.

I actually witnessed this in a bad way as I saw the change of someone I liked very much online before she totally went offline – it was scary and telling and well that is a story for another time (or go through my old blogs for hints). But the changes came in to me loud and clear through online communication...

But this subject recently came up because I had been lazy and not signing in and replying to someone and they asked me if it was me and said they could kinda tell from my accent (and my julie speak) – haha, hee-haw and a bit o' the whee... I have an online accent - I love it!

So anyhoo, I kinda use different smileys to convey feelings - I mean there is a difference in using :-) :) :^) :-D and so on - plus coupled with things like lol, LOL, hehe, haha, whee and so on - yes I am a geek - ah well I love it so there

Hmm I did rent the movie Bewitched this weekend - can that count as my Halloween activity???? lol

Got tickets to go see April Smith at The Stone Pony in December. It is billed as a CD release party – cools!!!!! (and counting down time until Cyndi in November – oh yeah!!!).

No comments: