Friday, October 07, 2005

Life's Little Laughs

Sometimes it is the little things that make it all worthwhile (trust me – I am a little thing – I know this topic well - lol)

I decided tonight would be Scream Trilogy night (I really should buy those movies – man Neve Campbell looking very fine – wahhoo and the movies themselves are good and funny) But anyhoo - I stop in movie store and looking around and I hear as I come up "Is it okay to bring… in here."

Okay that's a little odd, then I see why the front counter clerks are starting to smirk. One of the shoobies (tourists) had a little dog on a leash.

The clerks shrug and say ok. Now while I am checking out the clerks and I keep trying not to laugh and every time we look at each other we start to giggle. This is because we can hear.

"Muffy, no get out of there."

"Muffy stop that right now."

"Muffy, no" [crash]

"Muffy come back here right now" (that is when the dog suddenly appeared and went behind the counter).

That is also when the three of us up front almost totally lost it.

So Muffy where ever you are – thanks for the shared laugh, I needed that. Sometimes giggling for the hell of it is just a good time.

Now if I could just find someone to share those giggles and odd quirks of mine with I'd be set and really happy :-D

2 comments:

docwho2100 said...

I'll be certain to thank Muffy and thanks for sharing your story - it was a great story and what wonderful gifts (they left you two, one the physical reminder via the drawing and the second the incredible memory which in this case is a positive one)

And as sad as I am to admit it - I think it is a little of both (for me at least) - some people skip over/ignore/miss too many of the muffy moments and for so many others, these moments are so few and far between...

(And the real kicker probably is that those that are paying attention often are the ones that have so few while those wandering blithely around pass right by so many... ah the irony of life....)

thanks again and glad you made it through your speech - I have to speak in front of people as part of my job and I still get bad nerves every single time - I am a weird mix of introvert and extrovert :-D

docwho2100 said...

LOL and thanks - mixed bags do contain a little of something for many different types of occasions (and you know that saying and line and scene from the movie is now implanted in head...thank you very much :-D )