Friday, October 14, 2005

Zombie Making and Those "Oops Please Let no one be watching" moments

Ok justa couple things now - more laters. Too busy at work - I must erase the word sucker from my forehead and learn that word... you know - NO

Course I really need a job and saying no in a contract negotiation period is prolly the kiss of death - especially since my position is year to year and not protected by tenure like other teachers... even the blessed union I pay a ton o money to can not really protect my job because I do a million and one things it is so easy to rift my position and bring in someone else under a different title and just redistribute my tasks (only thing about seriously having at least a good 30 projects I oversee at any one time... makes me a very valuable asset to the place - hence my wish to say no here and never passing my lips at work)

But one of those tasks I was just given - we have these programs using this online curriculum and my boss wants a paper copy of everything (lesson plans, powerpoint shows, student worksheets, excel files and such - there are all types of files). Well this involves going to each lesson online (nothing like having it in one place and pushing one button - oh no...) I go to each lesson and the materials section and they have the lesson plan as one file, the worksheets and all other things. So at least I do not have to print every page - I can save the target and then print the files.

But we are talking mind-numbing boring tedium. I have 12 courses for the first program (three total programs). The first course has 7 units (each unit has 7 - 20 lessons per unit)... to print the first two units I have gone through over a ream and a half of paper and have about 750 sheets and about easily saving 2 - 5 files per lesson..... get the picture of how much work I have to go through... so it is like do some of the other million tasks then come and sit and click and print click and save go to next lesson......

As title says - wonderful way to make a Zombie - who needs George Romero - lol

And a funny oops related to this task - I have a laser printer hooked directly to the little computer in the corner I am using to dedicate the printer and computer to the zombie printing task - well the tech guy brought in like a lotta toners cause I told him I would be going through a lot. So the black runs out and he is here so he is going to show me the first time how to change them out. So he is prepping it and takes out the tag and is talking and tilts it and focused on the printer not the cartridge and I gasp and he goes "What oh whoa" the toner had started spilling out the end all over as he tipped it the wrong way...

So we now have toner on the printer, on the table on my papers telling me what I had done so far... I am wearing a white top (Murphy's law strikes again) - lol

So now I look like a Jersey spotted B&W Cow (this is turning into long work day) but hey we have toner in the printer and I know how not to tip it.

And the techie is like "Tell no one you saw that or I bring you down with me." We were laughing our butts off at two techie people spilling toner all over and trying to clean up before his boss or another teacher or someone comes in - haha (of course the impromptu air can war we started detracted and delayed the clean up - we are such goofs - I should be more mature... ah well something to think about for another day... um wait, why be mature when I am having fun.... anyhoos

The oops you hope no one sees of life.......... creating those wonderful blush-o-ramas and then some (and I blush a lot and very easily and on my pale skin it stands out all nice...sigh - which those people I know take advantage of and insist on continually competing to see who can make me blush first and how much... of course I am a spacey blonde and ramble and do not catch the double meaning of what I and others say as fast as many so I end up shooting myself in the foot quite often and actually helping and aiding in the blush event... double sigh, triple even) -

but anyhoos some fun in the day too!

No comments: