Monday, October 17, 2005

What a weird day – what is coming next????

Well a lot of odd things happened today to add up to leaving me in the perplexed ala WTF ala "okay what is going on here regarding cosmic fate dealing my hand" column.

First – I stopped by this morning on my way to work at me ex's to pick up a few things and he finally tells me why he has been feeling sick and off and such. He is fighting depression again – he'd had problems and gone on medication before… well unfortunately things are getting to him again (he won’t tell me much more…) but he was physically sick last night and a few other times and also very tired and such…. He was not sounding too good this morning and was talking about going again to the doctor's today to try and work out what to do next (regarding medicine and other treatments).

I can get that – we've been separated almost 2 years and in fact the divorce is in the final steps…(not going to talk about that any more right now because of what he said in the divorce and all that – October and November are depressing hard months as it is for me without this too – god I hope it is done soon).

But so he tells me that

Second - trying to organize 101 meetings and this week is backed up with lots of training – I have 2 to five workshops with teachers everyday (some the high school teachers, some other teachers and then on Friday we are going to one of the catholic schools to teach web design). But so I am trying to coordinate meetings and stop by to talk to my boss. We manage to get a few things settled then two things happen… one because some of the things I had to take care of was scheduling conference meetings which I was having problems doing, it kinda came out and was time I told her I was going through a divorce (so far I have only told a few people – gossip is bad at the school and I just hate talking about it)… well she tells me she knows I am divorcing.

I say nothing profoundly nonplused and she smiles and says no one told her, she just could tell. This makes sense actually – she is the affirmative action officer, has done lots of counseling work with divorcees and abused women and other causes (in act just last week she is helping another person at work who is having very bad problems with her ex – she even had to file a sexual harassment restraining order and there is an 8 year old involved and just… I feel very lucky things are as good as they are with my ex but…) Here my boss knew prolly for awhile that I was but never approached me – she let me come to her and then asked how she could help –

boss lady you are one helluva classy lady…….

Also she ended that session by saying she'd been meeting with the Superintendent (she is getting ready to retire – damnit – I like working for her) and she said they were talking about me and asked me what I wanted to do and where I wanted to go – again I am flabbergasted (yikes the Super and ASST. super (my boss) talking about my future… so she says let's schedule a meeting on Friday at 1:30 to talk about things… I stammer – hey I want to keep working here and then I go real dorf/dork and say I am like silly Putty and am very flexible and okay I need to keep my mouth shut and not act like the dorf/goof I am – lol

Of course now I can not sleep until Friday and I am nervous as all get out and wondering what I should say……

OK then number three (and maybe this one earned me some good karma points) – I am teaching one of my workshops and in comes the Cosmetology teacher… I say I am teaching can you come back and she is like this is important… she tells me a student hit my car…..oooooookkkkkk

So I pardon myself from the teaching and we go out – there is a cop there and the poor nervous student and so I go and look.

First I have a 5 almost 6 year old Saturn SL2 that has almost 160000 miles on it and I want it to die…. It has stickers on the back windows (reminders five year olds have inhabited my back seat) and other spots and worn edges. The hood looks like a silver polka dot adventure as the paint had peeling spots starting to rust so I get what is supposed to be the right color and dab it all over and it dries and covers the spots but it is a lighter silver… plus it has others worn areas and such

Well I look and I now have a brown and black racing stripe down the one side, but that is it (apparently trying to park next to me the student did not cut the corner right and scrapola). Now the thing is Saturn's are plastic – lmao – yes the main body is plastic stuff not metal, so instead of denting – it pops back out – hehe so I have no dent just a nice cool racing stripe.

Well I go back and start giving the police officer the insurance and stuff, he is sitting in his car and I lean in and ask him – listen if I am not planning on calling insurance and don’t want to make a claim or anything, do we have to report this.

See in NJ if anything happens, regardless of fault – your insurance goes up – any activity means you both pay. So One I'd be paying more – then I have a deductible and such so I'd end up paying anyway… and why paint this car that is falling apart now (plus I live in the land of seagulls, salt area and going into nasty winter which means salted roads). Not only that the damage is nil and even the student's car is ok and the student is freaking and what will her dad do…. So I ask

The cop smiles still takes my name and number but hands back stuff and says you know this never happened – the student and teacher breath a huge sigh of relief and I am glad because trying to get my car painted also would have meant no car and trying to find time in busy schedule to call and all that shit… so I made the student's day and hopefully as I said got karma points

So this has been a bit of a weird day and I almost shudder to think what comes next as this day still is not over…. I need some good distractions or something…. :-P

No comments: