Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Life Changes – what a bitch

Listening to music like Float On by Modest Mouse, Honey and the Moon by Joseph Arthur, And a Day by Ari Scott, Almost by Bowling for Soup, Collide by Howie Day, Genius by The Murmurs and Falling For You by Jem and IKnew I Loved You by Savage Garden (which has so many ways it could be interpreted), hmm wonder if there is a pattern in there somewheres LOl – actually there's not – there's a I wish pattern in there – haha – eh some day someone will pop up when I least expect it (ok, waiting for someone to pop up, anytime now, impatiently tapping foot, wellllll come on already :-P

Well found out today a couple more teachers are leaving the school, and a few more put in job apps and a few more are looking. A major bummer as besides work (which actually I talk to people but I do not really do stuff with people from work or anything – too busy – lol), my sisters three quarters of the way across the continent, my ex, the few online friends and a couple of people around here I know, I have no other contacts. Basically I go to work, do stuff, come home and do stuff and then if I do go out it is 90% of the time on my own… I need to join a club or something find some people to bug :-P

A cool club would be to find people as nutty as I am about music and such and then go to concerts and stuff together – like a book or movie or play club…. Good idea, too much an introvert to figure out how to make it happen – know if it was bowling – I could rent Grease 2 and go crazy – hehe and hey anything with music in it is not all bad…. I mean it… maybes mostly bad (wince and insert your own bad movie/music experience here – lol)

But yeah the few teachers and people at work I actually talk to about stuff other than work and for more than two seconds in the hallways are leaving or planning on leaving… and yet here I am still in the little armpit of New Jersey (hehe, I love Anthropomorphism – I know it is not a great writing technique per se but who the F*ck cares if I wanna give human-like traits to inanimate objects, I am gonna gall darnit and hmm been getting that f care mood more and more lately....)

I also love inventing words – Crankswirl (as developed by I and another) is one of my favorites - http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crankswirl (yes I was an idget and actually entered in a source – so see it is now OFFICAL (so booms the loud menacing voice).

Did a little Halloween decorating today will do more laters. Not sure if I'll worry about a costume – so far no reason to other than if people come visiting the house. Plus I leave the next day for a conference in Miami so prolly more focused on that.

Pulling my hair out over this course I am working on – it is web design and Internet research. I will be teaching it online for high school students in January. So I am taking a course through the same place to learn how to modify the course – a helluva lot of reading, thinking about the reading, posting on the reading, reading other classmate's comments as well as tearing apart the old course and revising it to get it ready – whew-whee and Hee-haw and blech.

My earth science class (I am teaching for the community college) is going along – put up the first test for this week – will see how the students do.

And hey we raised over 2000.00 through our Katrina fund drive – that was very good and awesome. Of course still lots to do with that – get the check off to the national organization so they can get it to the schools, generate thank you letters to everyone, and a bahzillion other little details… and there is much more going on but not going to think about it too much more – trying to post a scene (for an RPG) with another person and that is much more fun and I like to write and post, keeps me sane (well some would say that is a loss cause…:-D – But eh, I go do that

No comments: