Thursday, November 03, 2005

Howdy from Miami

Well I am here in hurricane recovering Miami for the NAF conference – I am finding the conference so far to be good but lots of questions from the teachers and if we do this lots of work for me to do… I am already designing brochures and forms and typing up emails and all sorts of things. I want this program to go through if it helps the teachers and students but I it also means more work for me :-/

I find this idea of business model vs education model to be hard sometimes. They talk about going out and talking to businesses and people and being outgoing – that is not me. If it were not for a deal I made with someone promising to try and be a little sociable and outgoing and have fun and not stress and work through being out of my element and feeling out of place I would be hiding in my room…. And you who tricked me into the deal – drat on you and thanks a lot for making me make a deal :-D I am sticking to my part are you sticking to yours??????

I like the ideas and curriculum and my job overall – I just am not aggressive, not assertive, hard for me to make a decision and tell others what to do… I feel more at home having others lead the way and letting me watch – I am a watcher and I listen to people….

Man Miami got hot my the hurricane I can only imagine what it is like really for these people and New Orleans and stuff – some people still have no power and had to boil water and so many trees and roofs and signs still as we drove in torn up and laying around and such… wow makes me lucky I am up in NJ although NJ still could get hit – has before.

Whew – attended a late session so while the others got done at 5 and are touring Miami – I stayed until 7 and now working on projects – ah well – I have no one to keep me distracted so might as well work – I gotta find someone to distract me - lol

No comments: