Wednesday, November 30, 2005

You've Got Mail movie thinking, a crankswirl moment and other things

Well getting back into swing of things – mostly.

School was fun last couple of days (NOT – well sorta, maybe, a little). Deer season opened Monday here in NJ and in the weirdest of cosmic convergences we had a deer running through our hallways – no shit.

Apparently it had made it's way from the woods nearby to the school grounds and a parent dropping a child off spooked it and it went right through a window and was running through the halls before finally getting back outside. Quite a way to start the week…

Then been immersed in finishing up projects such as writing curriculum and putting the final touches on this course I was taking (our high school is going to become part of the Virtual high school system so our students can take courses online. I agreed to be a teacher – I teach a class of 15 students from all over and then in trade 15 of our students can take a course).

So for the last 10 weeks I was taking the VHS required course to go through how to setup the course I will be teaching and teaching online and such. I will be teaching wither in January or next September Web Design and Internet Research – two topics I love but it has been a pain taking a class and redoing this course. But I am almost finished with that – hope to complete stuff by weekend.

But in addition had a lot of training as the teachers are required to schedule a 40 minute block of training with myself or my co-worker to work on a project using either PowerPoint, Excel or Web design. Of course every teacher is different and their level of knowledge is different so it is like teaching 9 different classes (nine periods per day). So I am getting a bit tired because of that.

Rented the first two disks of L Word (FINALLY, FINALLY, FINALLY – YAYAYAYAY) and man I just wanna smack some of the characters and yes I am getting all into a silly TV show, so what :-P

Also saw You've Got Mail for the first time the other night... I like Meg and Tom yes I am one of the 12 people who liked Joe vs. the Volcano (yes I quote lines from the movie, mainly just to my sister because she is the only one who would not think I am a total dweeb and crazy ass dork for liking that movie) - I love the line "I have no response to that." yes makes no sense why i do, I just do – lol

Of course I also liked Hudson Hawk - again a movie I quote and is a bad movie but so what I like it so there ;-P

But the movie (Got Mail) made me think – can someone really fall for someone through that line of communication? You hear about it all the time – people meeting on the Internet, having long distance relationships and growing to care for someone – but does that really work? I liked the movie – plus they were book people and I am a book person so any movie spotlighting books already has a leg up in the I like column ;-D

But yeah the movie and some comments by someone this weekend really got me thinking about things and my life and where I am… problem is a lot of thinking and such happening but not much else… ah well – I'll wait for the next deer or episode of L word or curriculum to rewrite or concert to go to or trip to take... always something to keep me thinking and moving forward… crappy rambling, ditzy, spacey multi-tasking brain anyway that goes places it shouldn’t

ah well – another day another adventure to encounter good or bad – always an adventure and I am an explorer – so onward ho… (um not that I am a ho like the slang sense but in the Westward Ho sense like the saying and the Western Expansion, which has nothing to do with ho slutty ho's just with going on you know Ho and hmm wonder what the ho in Westward Ho really means and why does Santa say ho-ho-ho? I mean Mrs. Claus I am sure is a hotty but how the hell did a mythical figure such as Santa come to be associated with the ritual calling of a certain type of woman? I mean hmm... he is always wearing red and there is the saying red light district… another odd connection there and so I ponder what does Westward expansion and covered wagons have to do with a guy in a read suit and women who have a certain predilection for a lifestyle that does not as I mentioned before match mine in fact I am almost an anti-ho as I lack any connecting in the ho sense of connecting right now, although some connecting would be nice, but not in the overboard ho sense and alright I have no fucking idea what I was typing but here I am

But anyhoo – onward I move and not as a ho... :-P ahhhh my crankswirling brain – always thinking – thinking about shit weird stuff but always thinking - perhaps that is why I do not really talk about stuff to people – I think they would lock me away or go WTF is she talking about ;-)

No comments: