Monday, February 28, 2005

This and That

Well more of the icky white stuff assaults our area and once again I go all paranoid. PEOPLE Listen up – clean off your cars. I so hate people leaving snow on their car, getting in and driving down the road and then I get behind and it is like a fricking video game – first I get the blizzard as the loose small stuff comes off and fills my vision and messes up my windshield.

Then the chunks start peeling off and it is like dodge'em – I have seen some major chunks come off these big SUVs and take out cows (okay not cows but take out road signs – I did see that, and wow I went OH SHIT as the speed limit sign fell over I also was laughing I have to admit)

And watch the ice poop people – you know what ice poop is – that scum that builds up in the tire well and then periodically drops out it - is icy clumpy and usually blackish brown – ice poop. Those things are murder in parking lots and such – I have slipped and stumbled over a few – of course that is because I was not watching – but hey in today's climate – I am always looking to blame someone else – lol

I taught at a parochial school this morning - How to do WebQuests - a group oriented activity teachers can use with students in the classroom - so after talking about the Internet, WebQuests, scaffolding and all the fun stuff, I boogied out of the school and headed home all the while hoping the white stuff falling would not start sticking - actually it still is not - won't until later tonight, crap stuff.

Meanwhile trying to clean around the house and create exam for my Physical Geology students (who are paranoid about that – it is their first test and I keep getting, um okay is this on the test, is this? People if I am teaching it, it is important, so fine yes it is on the test – lol)

But I can relate I remember stressing over exams and like still stress over my form of an exam which in the work world is presentation in front of the superintendent or getting up and giving a workshop or presenting at a conference (oh conference travel update - so far have four I am going to one semi-local, two in Nashville and one in San Diego - but potential for many more trips - supervisor keeps making me director of different programs around the school and sending me places to present or attend)

Plus got selected to sit on a state committee for our technology standards. We have standards for each subject to be taught in school set by the state Department of Education – I got picked to help define one of the technology standards and to write example lessons for teachers in the state to use to help demonstrate how to teach that standard in the classroom – it is cool but more work – I am a hyperdimensional-tasking fool (as mentioned before multi-tasking is just not good enough for me anymore – lol)

But yes LOL I get stage fright every time I have to teach - takes about five minutes into the presentation before I start to be okay and sometimes even then I still have butterflies and can barely hear my voice above my heart - lol an introvert wallflower who also is a teacher and enjoys hanging out - just not talking - hehe I am too self conscious

Waiting to see how youngest sister does with surgery - tried getting ahold of her all day yesterday and never did :( hope she is okay... I am sure it will be fine... it better be, she annoys the shit out of me but would not want to think about her not being around acting like a major hussy wacked out bipolar needs to grow up and I love so much sister that she is….

Getting closer to end of March – lots of things going on… the sister I helped to buy a car because she is pregnant and does not need extra stress of waiting for rides in hot Az sun or such is doing well with car – it seems to be working out well which is cool …. Man another nephew or Niece coming that means I will have 10 – whew-whee

Visiting home Easter and planning major Easter family thing… my daughter will be in NJ while I am out in AZ – kinda weird but then it is life

This weekend – well march 3 – 6 is Jazz at the point – lots of shows at different places and you buy one ticket and like bar hop and such – trying to find people to go with me – if not I go it alone as usual – love music and watching people so that helps mask the fact I am attending these things all alone – and hey got Vanessa Carlton tickets for mid march as well – love music.

No comments: