Thursday, February 24, 2005

Not liking the white stuff

FOUR to EIGHT INCHES

the scarriest words in my vocabulary right now - lol

Okay I hate snow. well I do not hate snow per se - just I do not like having to drive or go out in it. I grew up in Fla and Az and admit I can not drive in the stuff and I am a hazard on the road (plus my Saturn SL2 just was not meant to go off roading in winter weather - lol) - snow itself is not bad and does mean cuddling and laughing when you can have fun in it, just do not like having to drive in it....

I have had a few experiences driving in this stuff and all have ended not so great - including one time I was trying to make a simple right turn into my work and suddenly found my car doing a 360 so I ended up facing the total opposite way in the turn lane across the road - luckily was able to now make a left turn into my work (instead of the original right) and then huddled in the bathroom almost puking for 15 minutes until my nerves settled....

I have never done any winter sports (again growing up in warm climates and having no money growing up to travel anywheres) - but I admit I would like to snowboard at least once in my life, maybes tubing, skiing and even ice skating (although I can not even roller skate and have never roller bladed so I would probably be butt skating not ice skating - lmao or should I say slide my butt off - anyways)

Now in NJ when it snows even a little we get school closings and such (why I am home today) and I know people up North are laughing there butts off at me and us wackos but then again we just do not deal with the white stuff so why not close stuff down, it is dangerous driving and such in that junk.

plus the big-ass SUVs like to get behind little cars like me and flash their lights and tailgate you and everything when you are trying to go slow and stay alive - I think some of them get their kicks outta how many little cars they can like push off the road, maybe they have little trophies they wrap in their grill, like my bumper - lol

well off to plow some more white stuff outta my drive and sidewalk in an attempt to keep it clear for going to work in the morning - at least I am getting exercise - okay trying to convince myself there is good to the white - maybe I should go out and jump in the growing pile and just act crazy like I really like this stuff - eh with my luck the one time I try to get all giddy and excited I jump right into a nice bank of bright yellow snow - lol ah my luck.... blech, white stuff

No comments: