Sunday, February 13, 2005

Music music music

I love music. Just about all kinds, love the way the lyrics and beat go together, love listening, reading lyrics, going to concerts, watching people react and interpret music - music moves us - drives us - tells so much about us.

So let's see who have I gotten to see recently… um

Finger Eleven (and three other local bands that opened for them)
Michelle Branch
Rooney (opened for Michelle)
Muse
The Zoltons
The Dresden Dolls (most awesome show I have ever been to)
Side effects (opened for the Dresden Dolls)
Regina Spektor (opened for the Dresden Dolls)
Bond (they were really good, classical music, trance beats, a nice stage show and four beauties)
Fuzzy Bunny Slippers (a great cover band)
Saw musical Rent on Broadway (Drew Lashley was lead and very good and cute and the person playing Angel – oh wow he nailed the role)

Trying to think if that is it…..

A lot of the concerts were in standing room mainly type concert venues so the tickets have been pretty cheap and always provide a great show in addition to the concerts - lol

I find some of the places I'd go are hard to get too and thus stop me (plus I usually attend all alone - don't have many friends and especially hard to find people who would go - so I strike out on my own, love the music too much not to go... so I fade into a corner and enjoy music and watch people, a little awkward being alone but I make it work - not going to let it stop me...) - so I'd probably be even poorer and see more if a little more convenient

Have tickets to go see
Live- Dora Pirate Adventure (must bow to musical inclinations of 4 year old)
Jesus Christ Superstar (at one of the standing room mainly concert venues should be interesting)

Looking for
Green Day
Tegan and Sara
Wanted to get The Wreckers tickets (I like Michelle) but timing stinks and may not work

Also the tour schedule is just starting up so who knows what may be coming up (lots of fun to be had no matter what :)

No comments: