Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Like Sands Slipping Through the Hourglass - cause someone dropped the F*ing prop and broke it

Well I am as excited as a peach about to be put in a pumpkin pie..... I got tickets to visit my sisters in march

Naw actually I am excited - it is one of those Gilligan trips - you know a three day tour that feels like years and years and years and someone stop me now

okay really kidding, I love all three of my sisters. The fun thing is, between the four of us through our personal family, our lives and everything around us, I could write down the real life stuff and sell it to soap opera land, no shit! I mean really if you looked at stuff, you'd probably start hearing the melodramatic music playing - I mean here is a brief preview....


Four sisters - four lives - all separate yet intertwined

The one sister got pregnant when she was 17 and then again when she was 19. Separated from her husband, but is still not divorced because she could not afford it, took the money another sister sent (twice that idiot) for a divorce and spent it on gawd knows what and basically was too lazy to do the work and file the papers. She is a very outgoing, flamboyant, ho-type of personality flaunting what body parts she was given in everyone's face (bi is a term she relishes) and is currently linked up with a man, who proposed to her, who has two boys, who also is not divorced from his wife. She also is a hypochondriac, our anorexic/bulimic, And that is just the beginning of her story (she is our budding alcoholic, abuser of herself and many other things we shall save for February sweeps).

Sister number two - the mother - the sensible one - the one that is trapped. Married high school sweetheart right out of high school, had a kid and settled into an apartment and wanting to do more but trapped by finances, family duty and a host of other things. Tries to help the others but suffers from depression and a desire to be more, have more and go somewhere, always trying to get back to school or do something. She often trudges home, cries herself to sleep and attempts to play peacemaker with the others. Always juggle much more than she can handle in that regard. The only one still married to her original guy and just found out she is pregnant and that is not joyous news.

Sister three - she got out bless her soul - got away from the family lifestyle (did I mention they grew up in a mother only house, on welfare, yes, yes they are trailer park trash and had a mother who brought an interesting round of shall we say things to their lives) well this one managed to fly the coop and thus is not assaulted by the daily barrage that sister number two is but she still tries and attempts to keep things going, she managed to get her edumacation and sends money when she can, and listens, when she can, but seems to be so busy that sometimes it is just hard to say hello (and hard moneywise for the others to say hello back). She is going through a divorce and a nice change in sexual/relationship lifestyle as her focus has shifted to other things and places and people, why limit the playing field. And yet even with a whole playing field her heart became ensnared by someone who has no frickin idea and thus she is idiotically throwing away her hopelessly in love energy on a pipedream. And she keeps herself probably too busy but manages to just juggle everything somehow, for now.

Sister four is the dependent one, the one who is just making ends meet and keeping them meeting no matter what she has to do. She got into an abusive relationship and wised up dumping the guy only to hook up with her future husband the next night. A pattern of rebounding before hitting the pavement was her MO. Well husband dear gave her three sons and also decided some of the sons would make good punching bags. So after leaving him, coming back, leaving him, having another kid and finally leaving him she managed to jump from guy to guy until landing her current, um I could call him boyfriend but he adopted her one son, I could call him fiance but he is marriage shy, I don;t know WTF to call him. Not only that he decided to get a job that takes him on the road 3 - 5 days a week and told sister 4 it was the job or the highway, not the job or her and family... but she is going to try to make it work cause doing a Brady bunch thing (she's a mother with three sons of her own) is something she is scared to try

And trust me that is no where near all the reality, dirt or gossip I could dish on us four... hehe you know I should blog just that and call it some soapy name and just enjoy the drama.

But anyways - was looking at the Jimmy Eat World/Taking Back Sunday tickets but they are playing too far North and on a work night so nope not going... ah well would have been nice but eh.... I'll figure out something else to do for tax day (the concert is scheduled for April 14 evening)

Someone is really interested in me. Not sure what to do... My mind and feelings are not ready in one way for someone else because I fell so hard and deep for someone else and coming off of a long term relationship... but I know those feelings holding me back will never be allowed to come out or express themselves because that person is gone and never was a consideration but still... lots to think about, very scary and not sure.... I have until March.....

just found out our school got this grant which is to provide tutoring programs for a number of schools and my supervisor gave us a heads up we would be doing something with that grant.

ah wells such is life in the grand scheme of things - I shall go watch my taped All My Children and catch up on my online class work




No comments: