Sunday, February 20, 2005

Crankswirling, Bareny, Enimem Lily Tomlin and other unconnected yet related topics

Whew - four day weekends are great and awful – it like means the possibility of getting lots done and the reality of procrastinating until once again you are backed up against a deadline.

I'm actually not too far behind really – just always lots to do and yet I have odd times like now where I really am not sure what to do – eh another paradox, the typical norm for me – lol

Well helping sister (well now sisters) buy a car. This person bought a truck to help a friend who needs to pay for a townhouse. So the friend then needed to sell her car to get the money to help the friend. So I told my sister who could use a car and thus we helped the friend who bought the truck to help a friend to buy her townhouse and god this is sounding like that one children's song… the one that goes there's a hole, there's a hole, there's a hole in the bottom of the sea… and builds up like 20 things in a line by the end.

You know I was thinking about that last night as I lay in bed – I think about a lotta shit while laying in bed because it usually takes me anywhere from 15 to 45 minutes to fall asleep a lot of the time… anyways

I was thinking of children's songs and how today's generation really does not have that base of crazy ass weird children's songs running around in their head.

This thought came about because I was thinking about needing to write a test review sheet for the Geology class I am teaching

and that lead to thinking about using bullets to organize the review which lead to thinking about creating bullets in word which I had just taught at my other job (I have like 4 or 5 jobs)

and that lead to me thinking about work in general and those thoughts lead to thinking about how I like did not work much growing up until I got a job at a computer lab at the community college I was attending and that lead to thoughts of family and my mom because of our money situation growing up

and that lead to me thinking about how I use to like follow my mom because she had problems and I had to take care of her (well being the oldest and with no father, I felt it was my job to watch out for her) cause she was off sometimes and would do things (especially when she messed up her medication)

and that lead to general thoughts about how crazy my mom was and would burst out singing these crazy songs and how I knew a lot of them…

I mean Barney, Teletubbies, Bear in Bug Blue House, and all those good shows do have those funky songs that stick in your head worse than anything else… but you know a lot of people just do not have those kind of songs… what will today's kids sing to their kids? Eminem or others rapping about sucky ho cheap ass whatever????? (hmm here I am talking about children's song and I am using the word ass a lot – I really need to get out more often I think….anyhoo)

I mean like do not like get me wrong, I do listen to Eminem and his version of Mockingbird does blur the line between children's songs and the crap but still… although I do admit my daughter and I enjoy singing Michelle Branch, There She Goes, Hillary Duff, Cake, Garbage, Anastacia and a host of other songs together in the car and around the house. But damn it the first song I am learning on the piano (yes I have a keyboard and I am learning how to play… one day I will even make it official and seek out a real teacher…) is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star as well as Ode to Joy. I know people put targets on that purple-headed dino but he actually does serve a purpose, preserving the music of yesterday for the listeners of tomorrow

And yes, the crazy ramble path I outlined above is very typical for me and I often wander from one weird topic to the next in a second or less… being inside my brain for any length of time is guaranteed to send anyone to the loony bin simply because of the effort it sometimes takes to keep up with a really good crankswirl

Crankswirl is a word I and another person invented that means you start cranking out ideas on one topic and they like swirl into a totally different topic using various jumps that often are not spoken. So like you might say something and then something else that seems totally unrelated when in reality you thought about the 5 steps to get from point A to B just did not speak them, so you crankswirled.

But yes I crankswirl a lot whether lying in bed, driving in my car, talking to people (it is often amusing to be a fly on the wall watching people attempting to keep up with me when I am really having blonde, ramble, crankswirl days) or walking around just passing time.

My brain just likes to jump and hop and skip and well that is just the way I am wired. I think my wiring looks like the old fashioned switchboard telephone operator board – you know like on Laugh-in when Lily Tomlin played that one character (Ernestine P. something) and would plug people in and out – it is like all these crazy wires going in and out connecting to people well ideas cause I am talking about my brain not the telephone but anyways you know it is just like let's see there is an empty hole so plug it in and go from talking about how to create a web page to wondering why people used five screws in the light bulb fixture instead of four or six….. ahhh the wonderful world of crazy brained people like me :)

No comments: