Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Supporting Tad (very UnPC do not read if offended)

My sister and I just laughed so hard my stomach still hurts. And of course it was a topic prolly only we find funny and is very unPC in a way

When I visited at the end of April. Ssome kids down the block found supposed tadpoles and gave my nephew one of them. Since then my sister has been dealing with this thing. She's been like I have not cleaned the water or anything and it still lives.

She then was asking me how long it takes for a tadpole to turn into a frog - and I said hmm and teasing said about 4 - 6 weeks (I think really most varieties itakes about 8 - 10 weeks)

Well this set her off cause she was like Julie it is a frog head and tail and no legs, it is deformed. I wanna get rid of it. I have it on the microwave and it is just like staring at us.

So I start teasing - well you left it on the microwave so it got zapped and is deformed now and is prolly going to turn into a monster – or maybe it will never grow its legs. And I go on about well you could oopsie it inttoilettoliet or such when son not looking and she is like no can not do that but what am I going to do with this poor thing. She will not even touch it in anyway to change the water - lol

Then she starts big time and it is all downhill from there - My son's tadpole is a quadriplegic and will never look like a regular frog (which in an odd use of the prefix that fits a frog that unfortunate malady is also known as tetraplegia)

And we went downhill from there - we discussed getting paper faces of the froggie and selling them for a dollar to support the Tad Foundation and help other quadriplegic frogs (you know like those things they ask you to donate a $1 at different fast food and other stores and you sign your name and they display it around the store) I was like you could put the papers along your front door and stuff

Then we decided on holding a 4k walk (1 k for each limb)

And then on to a telethon and who would sing and host (of course special appearances by Kermit and other famous reptiles and amphibians - we went on and on with the guest list and who would do what and such)

All to support Tad and get him a wheelchair so he could still go down to the lake and stuff and bring awareness to this issue.

Of course we ran into a glitch - he'd need an electric one since no limbs but first time he drives it into the water... Well we'd be calling the local French restaurant.

Basically that was the conversation tone - dissing on her son's poor froggie

Quadriplegia is a serious issue and you can find out more at these sites

http://www.sci-recovery.org/
http://www.mayoclinic.com/invoke.cfm?id=DS00460
http://www.disabled-world.com/artman/publish/article_0082.shtml

okay off to working still on projects for work and tyring not to go crazy

No comments: