Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Stone Pony, Don't Look, Don't Look - ha made you look

Keeping Busy

Whew- had an awesome day Sunday – went to a concert with a friend from work – traveled up the parkway to Asbury Park and the Stone Pony to see John Eddie and Lisa Marie Prelsey – that was fun. We got to Asbury park early and fond it is a run down place and true shore town as the venus the stone pony is across from the boardwalka dn the ocean and nothing really was open. We walked around a bit, hit a local dive to have a drink watching the locals.

My friend enjoyed teasing me as I was facing her and she started decribing this one person. My back was of course to the person and from the colorful description what is the first thing I wanna do??? Turn around, and of course I can’t, not in a place like this and her describing this person. Don't look, don't, okay drop a napkin damn she moved, try to stretch damn she moved, stop laughing at me Donna and stop telling me all the funny, I wanna see dman it.

Actually the person I went with was funny and kept getting me in trouble – lol – anyhoo I finally got "interested" in the baseball game on the tv behind me and got to see the local chick who looked very local and very run down and basically was going around to all of the men in the place trying to get picked up or at least a drink…….

Man it always happens with me – people describe something funny and there is no way I can see it and enjoy without being totally obvious damnit – lol

The venue was cool – local, small but great – I plan on going back.

While standing in line, met this woman from the Bronx (we are only about an hour south of NYC) and her 20 year old son – the son had extra ticket because a friend of his cancelled so the mom came. The son and I chatted about Tri Amos and other stuff while my friend talked to the mother – they were funny and helped make the time go faster.

The concert was great and liked seeing Lisa Marie that close and all as did my friend who states she does not get out enough and I was bad getting her out… but hey we are going at least to see Tori in August and maybes others too – I am a bad influence dragging people out and about.

Gave my last final tonight and then a few of the students and I went out after – that was fun and nice and boy did the topic go all over :-) (somehow we got from planetary geology to female ejaculation and then to PBMers and over to deep sea exploration and the show Survivor and it just kept going as the drinks kept coming – j/k I was very good and listening and people watching and enjoying myself)

Tomorrow working on writing a class on using electronic formats such as blogs – hey what a co-winky-dink, to enhance writing in the classroom. I try to have some fun topics in there with the more serious stuff like the current day classes of Reading Comprehension (5 periods of that tomorrow during the day).

Looking for a movie - not sure if I will be able to find it or not… The Incredibly True Adventures of Two Girls in Love

No comments: