Saturday, May 21, 2005

Life's F*ing ironic Cycles and A good concert

Well been long week - Thursday was my anniversary - well ex-anniversary now I guess. It is also the day my ex called and said he had signed and I needed to sign the property settlement divorce papers as that is the major step in the divorce (still have to do the file in court and he wants to do it early so I am whatever) so hey is that a life cycle for you or what... married and the separation official process all on the same day....

we have biologic cycles, weather cycles, oceanic cycles, geologic cycles, bank checking cycles, menstrual cycles, guess my relation went in a big cycle too....

funny - more than feeling melancholy over being anniversary I was more depressed over fact I was not depressed about being divorced (well separated, official court stamp still needed for the d word) and yet I thought I should be and then realized what really hit me is the not being in a relationship

Friday had to sit through this web conference for work that was not scheduled until 3pm - who schedules a web conference for 3pm on a Friday (when most schools get out at 230…) well it turned out I had no problems getting in (I am the director now for this program so figured I better attend – lol) and it ended up being all about conference registration which I had already completed a while ago – lol

So I worked on some other projects while listening to the conference call portion and trying not to laugh.

Then went up to Tom's River and the Rittacco Center again – this time instead of the auditorium (where I saw Vanessa Carlton) they had it in the basketball gym – which was cool– had the stage and then a big space and then the bleachers.

It was Relient K and Good Charlotte and it was a good show. Good Charlotte had a graveyard themed stage complete with gargoyles, tombs and this call metal gate overhead with the word Nevermore.

The lyrics of the songs CG sang really hit home – very much home, like I could sing a lot of them and mean them.

I was sitting in the bleachers dancing around – really moving my legs and stuff and as I watched the whole evening – the people around me just sat there – lol – I was like geez I was the only freak moving and dancing and getting into the music – hehe they could have rented the concert DVD and saved money – lol.

But eh I love concerts cause I people watch, can feel the music not just hear it (Oh damn when the bass goes and rumbles your chest that feels awesome) and the stories they tell and most importantly I like to dance. I am no good dancing and was doing it sitting down – did not feel like getting mushed in the center area were people were standing.

But I like to dance – I'd go more to clubs but it is weird going alone and dancing alone…


Picked up this flyer at the concert about a music expo coming in September to Asbury park – it is targeted for bands and how to break into the business – but there are some neat things with it (like workshops on learning how to work a soundboard – sounds demented by I'd like to know that – I always like to sit behind the booth in concerts and watch them)– I might go could be wacky fun.

Got my one nephew a GC wristband – he likes the band and would have gone with me if not in Arizona – lol

Went to a party for a person from work today (same one I went to Lisa Marie with) – it was fun and we had a good time – I was the youngest person there but it was cool

Okay gotta go finish up grades, mowing lawn, doing laundry and all that yucky house work… not sure what to do tomorrow… hmmmmmm I'll have to think of something :-D

No comments: