Monday, May 09, 2005

Field Trip rocked and other interesting notes

Awesome field trip, the students were great, weather rocked and we stopped by Pat's Steaks in Philly on way back for lunch.

And I did not get lost, lose any students or have anyone injured - even though we had to go down a couple of outcrops on our butts, yay prides, butts and all intact!

The students enjoyed it, many never having really done anything like this and saying they never had a teacher who made them do stuff like this or made them laugh and the like. I mean I had them up and down the hillside, on hands and knees peering at rocks, digging in the dirt for sediment, drinking from the stream and acting like a bunch of giddy kids.

Plus they learned something too!!! Lol

I love checking different things out and traveling and learning. Listening to the students talk was great and fun and the drive up and back was cool too, got into a lot of conversations cause the students range in age from 16 to upper 40s in my class - that is a great mix because the perspectives are so diverse.

I love listening to them talk and the topics - lol from family and the shit they pull (wow we found out we have some wild siblings amongst the people who were in the car), to being responsible in relationships, to kids in school to concerts (Oh found a new venue AWESOME more music - getting ready for concert this Friday) - to entertainment and the like - it was great. I love teaching and sometimes it is the worst thing in the world -LMAO

Trying to figure out if I wanna drive down to Dragon Con or fly - I kinda wanna drive but the drive back would be hard and means I leave a little earlier from the convention... but I'd like to take an extra day or even two going down and just explore some... I think I will do that...

Okay off to prep my conference presentation for Wednesday - Effective PowerPoint and Rubrics - ooo doesn't that title send chills up your spine? Okay maybe that is dry heaves... hehe

And leaving with a song or two as the thoughts for the day

Amanda Sena - come play in NJ :-D

Amanda Sena - Monsters

Vs 1
Let's sit down we need to talk
I've got a lot on my shoulders
that I need to get off and
And I know this is all new to us
But I believe we'll be okay
If we just get through another day

Chorus
You're changing
I'm changing
We're turning into monsters again
You're losing
I'm losing
This is something we need to win

Vs 2
So he's gone we need to
start a new
we need
we need to know
we need to listen
and we really need to believe
I'm messed up again
and I know you are too
But I believe we'll be okay
If we just get through another day

Chorus

Vs 3
Let's sit down we need to talk
Lately I've been noticing
that we're falling apart
this isn't how it was supposed to be
but I believe we'll be okay
if we just get through another day

Chorus...

AND

I'm Alright - Written by:Amanda sena

Vs 1
I don't know much about love
never have and never will
I guess you can say I'm lame
I've spun around 1,000 times
and have always ended
back in the beginning of the game

VS 2
My blood runs thick and cold
my prophecy is bold
and I'm still realizing it's fine
The other side is sold
my soul is turning old
nothing no longer expands time

Pre-Chorus
And sometimes I can't remember where I'm coming from and
there's times when I feel sorry for the things that I've done

Chorus
But I'm alright
I'll survive
I'm okay this time
Don't worry about me, I'll be fine
I'm alright

Vs 3
The answers have no cure
the holy trail ain't pure
and yet the world still seems to revolve
In times both high and low
I still have some things to show
and yet some more jigsaw puzzles to solve

Vs 4
Inside your broken dream
Individuality
are you conformed into the mass parade?
Nightmares frighten me
I shiver when I sleep
and relive the feeling when I wake

Pre-Chorus

Chorus

Bridge
Upon your back you crawl
sprawled upon the floor
guess what's behind your door
everything you need/ this is all...

No comments: