Saturday, May 07, 2005

Field trip a comin and cooking yummies

Well decided to celebrate Cinco de Mayo by cooking – made tortilla chip and green chile crusted salmon, jalapeno chicken sausage, and homemade Mexican rice. Only thing missing was my jalapeno cornbread – I was not that ambitious… lol

Finishing up more grading for my geology class. We have a field trip scheduled for tomorrow morning but weather may call it off, well the students think it will be called off,

We are meeting at 7:30 and if I can break into the college if still raining, we will have the field trip anyways – yes they are not getting a day off – I am a "hard ass make them work" teacher… :-P

If we do go, should be fun. It is a nice location in the middle of Philadelphia – yes a park in the city and yes geology there too – lol

Actually to do most field trips I have to have the students drive at least an hour or so (and listen to them whine) cause well southern NJ is FFFFLLLLAAAATTTT – lol

Not to dis where I live but except for the funny make me laugh so hard I choke up for minutes beach replenishment games (oh do not get me started at the millions of dollars spent to preserve a little sliver of moving sand…) geology is a little boring here – I do miss Arizona in that regards… um okay guess I miss it to cause of sisters living there – hehe yes Kath I do still love you - :-P miss you lots actually and hope pregnancy is going well!!! Man another niece or nephew coming - I have like almost a dozen of those - my sisters just keep popping them out - lol

Listening to Andrew Holtz, Dance Divas trance mix, Reliant K (seeing them in concert next Friday with good Charlotte) and Michelle Branch, yes my tastes are odd tonight. Working on Fur Elise and Ode to Joy still ala piano plus trying to get through the chapters.

Actually mood been a bit odd, reflective, dreaming and the like… ah well

Dreaming is good, keeps me from wishing certain things and the like…

Well got my flip charts, sharpies and illustrations all set. Clipboards, check, field trip lucky hiking hat (tan ball cap with dark blue mickey surfing :-D ) check, hand lens and ruler and the like… check… alllllright I am stylin'

Wish me luck :^)

No comments: