Friday, May 27, 2005

Just some random funnies and idle blips of life

Was getting gas yesterday and pulled in and there is a pickup truck with a big boat. I pull up and ask for my $10.00 worth and watching finally notice the guy up on the boat fillig it up - he is shaking his head going, "Shit, oh damn, shit." Well we keep getting our gass and he is muttering and occasionally grinning so I have to ask next time I catch his eye,

"How much"

"306 gallons and I thought it was not empty, oh shit."

My next thoughts are - "Crap fill my tank hurry before he sucks the damn gas station dry" lol

------------

My co worker is a goof but then so am I - so we are always laughing. He was telling me flag football stories yesterday as he was preparing for the schools annual staff vs players softball game.

He use to use the hup swivel step to keep his flag safe. So here is this grown man demonstrating how he'd be running and then do a "hup" and like shot his hip out and over and skip while still running. He said he'd always get touch downs cause everyone was laughing so hard at his little hup fairy move that they'd stop chasing him.

Then he went on to his wife and no huddle story - hehe- he likes to call huddles and try to plan and his wife always gets on him about doing no f*ing huddle and it is a waste and all that but he still got them to do it. So he plans a play for his wife to cut here and there and then he'd throw the ball. Well the center gets in and he has to get rid of the ball meanwhile his wife is doing her stuff and then turns waiting for the ball. He said he had to run after that as his wife ran the field cursing him out about the huddle and then no ball and all that....

-------

Attended a kindergarten orientation and watching those kids OMG they are funny - of course I was as bored as they were with the talking and bouncing around a little too...

----------

not sure of plans for the holiday weekend (at least it is a three day weekend) I think I am going to see Fuzzy Bunny Slippers tomorrow, not sure what else figure something out

---------

Just got another conference proposal for International Reading Across the Curriculum my boss wants me to present at - it is in Chicago at the end of March or April or sometime - will start working on that.

----------

officially all 8 presentations for the HSTW conference were accepted for the conference so I am presenting a bunch - will need that great Nashville nightlife at the end of the day I think - lol

-----------

Worked on Welding curriculum with welding teacher yesterday, it was cool learning the differences in techniques and what is used for what. Will be going in classroom next week to observe and such.

------------

Going to see Melissa Fredrrick next Friday - got the tickets yesterday

---------

Gotta match the NJ standards to the new hospitality and tourism curriculum for my Boss this weekend - guess that is what I am doing - lots of typing and curriculum projects.

---------

Sisters are not too bad - kinda weird - my youngest, who is the weirdest of all, is again pregnant but had complications... she continues to play this game that is... it is incredibly stupid and no way to get through to her... sisters are the best and worst people in your life sometimes - other sister is having family things with her partner - I hope they get through ok - preggers sister (not youngest) getting tired a lot and still working through some stuff but I think it is a more thumbs up or at least sideways day right now then thumbs down which is good

No comments: