Thursday, April 28, 2005

Juxtaposition

Ever get to a place where your heart is going in two opposite directions and screwing your soul and mind over as it rips you apart so bad you physically hurt? Yea? Me too...


Ari Scott - Fill Of Love
(written by: Ari Scott)

fill of love
all i ever wanted was to be accepted and
all i ever wanted was not to be rejected and
all i ever wanted was just some
love love love love love love love love

all i ever wanted was an explanation
of life and the universe and why it's here and
why we are here upon this earth wanting and needing
love love love love love love love love

i need someone who can explain these things
to me and like me for who i am and not
go away when things get sticky dirty and weak
bu-duh bu-buh bu-dup-a-dup buh bu-dup

all i ever wanted was some adoration and
all i ever needed was some adulation and
if you can give me these things then i'll give you the time and
love love love love love love love love

i need someone who can offer these things
to me and like me for who i am and not
walk away when things get nasty filthy and dark
bu-duh bu-buh bu-dup-a-dup buh bu-dup

and if you're ever in town and you wanna look me
up but you don't think you can qualify to be with me you know
i won't waste your time if you won't waste mine

bu-duh bu-buh bu-dup-a-dup buh bu-dup

all i ever wanted was to live a long life and
not die until i was sure i had completed my
purpose in life and had my fill of love
fill of love fill of love fill of
love fill of love fill of love fill
of love fill of love fill of love

i need someone who can guarantee these things
for me and like me for who i am and not
run away when things get unruly and twisted
bu-duh bu-buh bu-dup-a-dup buh bu-dup


music and lyrics by ari scott ©2002

in the spirit of joni mitchell's "all i want" and alanis
morissette's "all i really want," this song will probably open
my next album. i was so close to calling this "all i ever wanted,"
but decided against it.


SARAH McLACHLAN LYRICS

"Lost"

By the shadows of the night I go
I moved away from the crowded room
That sea of shallow faces masked in warm regret
They don't know how to feel, they don't know what is lost

[CHORUS]

Lost in the darkness of a land
Where all the hope that's offered is
Memories of being taken by the hand
And we are led into the sun

But I don't have a hold on what is real
Though we can only try
What is there to give or to believe
I want it all to go away I want to be alone
Sympathy's wasted on my hollow shell
I feel there's nothing left to fight for
No reason for a cause
And I can't hear your voice and I can't feel you near

[CHORUS]

I wanted a change knowing all I could do was try
I was looking for someone...

No comments: