Monday, March 21, 2005

I Love a Rainy Night

You know – one of the sounds I like more than anything is lying in bed and hearing the rain hit the roof. Not like a thunderstorm rain but a steady, constant, pounding rain. The longer the better. I find it really soothing and makes me sleepy and I just like listening to it.

In the new place I can really hear it when it rains in my bedroom and also in this additional room which is cool. I was only in there once but I know come summer… It is an added on, converted porch sunroom. So no heat or air, but the two sides are all glass and then in the roof it was one of those sunroof skylights.

I was in there during a rainstorm once and the sound was amazing. So I plan on getting a comfy beanbag chair or something and during rainstorms just crashing out. Kinda lets my mind wander and then usually zone out.

Like listening to music. I find listening to music helps me when resting too. I can not do that too much when people are around (although I have been known to get headphones) but when it is just me, the music usually goes on. Now I do not like falling asleep to the TV that is totally different and I have not been watching much TV lately so not in the same category as rain on the roof (or a surface) and music.

Guess it is one of those things you have a personal preference for and it is something that not all people handle (some can not get to bed with noise and stimulation).

I like the music also cause well, I think I was associated with music videos in a former life. I like to plot and make up scenes for my stories and for other stories I write and all sorts of scenes in my head all the time. Well I especially do it to music. I have a lot of scenes I cue to a particular song or a type of song that plays as I run through the scene – yes my secret fun job as mentioned before I think is a sound editor type person who matches music to the mood of a scene.

Watching "Shall we Dance" the American Version (did not realize this was based on Japanese version which I wanna see too – the preview looked good.)

You know sometimes when I rent I watch previews and sometimes I don't, I usually do because I am the one who is last to leave a movie theater – I swear I sit there and actually not just watch but read the credits.

So if you ever go to the movies with me – plan on staying around the lobby an extra 5 minutes while I watch the credits. I like to know where stuff was made, song titles, who did what, etc. I am weird oh well

But Shall We Dance – I like Susan Sarandon (along with Kirsten Dunst, Holly Marie Combs, Drew Barrymore, the more recent Uma Thurman and a few others she goes in my top ring of actresses I love and watch because well screw the plot I am watching them – lol – I go to see something because of them not the movie – I mean Charlie's' Angels II as mentioned before no plot just hot Drew and well Lucy was looking good too and so was Cameron and Demi and oookkkkk must write later mind is drooling now… j/k)

Well another work week to start but this a short one cause Thursday I fly to AZ. Drama with sisters intense as always right now 2 are not talking and third trying to be go between and getting it from both ends - Easter family dinner plans I was trying to arrange doing the Hindenburg big time right now – lots of flames – The Titanic, the Stock Market Crash of 29….

Anyways

Eh things could be worse – and at least it was raining tonight – so see lots of plus and goodness

1 comment:

docwho2100 said...

cool sounds and firecrackers... um yeahhhhhh sure I bet it was appreciated by all involved - lol