Monday, March 07, 2005

A Classic Jules Blonde Crankswirl Moment

BTW my friend and I did enter our word in a slang dictionary so in my mind it is a real word - lol -http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=crankswirl&r=f

From site -
Crankswirl
To talk or type a string of random,thoughts that seem unrelated because thoughts in-between left out.

"That woman is looking totally hot. Hey did you catch that new way to wax a car?"

"Hey dude what does she have to do with hot wax, you crankswirling again."

"Was just thinking I'd like to wax her body in the back of my car."

Source: docwho2100, Feb 12, 2004

Okay - here is just an example of a routine average occurrence for me - how I managed to jump (crankswirl) from Vanessa Carlton to thinking about a character that would have voices that talk to them and they would not know what the voices are or such

Here is how this wonderful connection was made - lol

I was thinking about the tickets I have for a Vanessa Carlton concert later this month and getting psyched for that and was looking online at the venue I am going to see her at - the tickets are only 10 bucks where VC tickets at some venues were like 60-75 bucks - made me think was I getting a cheap rip off or what.... so I was looking at the place

I go to the Rittco center website and notice they have a gallery of past concerts - so looking at those to try and get a feel for the place - which I did it is a converted center/high school gym type place and even has bleacher sections and then the main area in front of the stage is mainly cheap ole chairs - not that I care I thought because it is Vanessa which made me then go off on some of her songs and the fact Ari Hest is opening for her

And that made me think of Jessica Simpson and some other things - lol - because a friend went to see Jessica and this Ari guy opened and friend was telling me how funny he was, so I started thinking about that and okay back to Rittco center

So looking at gallery of pictures now that I have stopped thinking about the bodacious Jessica - lol - and noted one of the people who did a concert was John Edwards

John Edwards is the guy on Sci Fi um is he still doing shows? Not sure anyways, he is the guy who like talked to dead people - that got me to thinking of a......

MadTV skit I had seen making fun of him and such and so I am laughing at that and thinking about how I do not believe in that stuff and laughed a lot at the skit and that made me think......

Of people like John Edwards and Whoopi Goldberg hearing voices (yes you say, where the hell did Whoopi come from - hang on jumping now).......

I was thinking of psychic mediums and thought of the movie Ghost and how much I loved Whoopi and thought she earned the Oscar for sure for her roll and how my sisters and I still love to quote this one set of lines from that movie when we are surprised at something the other did....

"Ortisha? Where you at? I can hardly see!"

"Orlando? Orlando!"
"Damn baby, what'd you do to your hair?"

"Orlando, you like? It's Autumn Sunrise."

(and if you have seen he movie you know the quote)

Anyways so then I am thinking about my sisters and how I got to call them and talk, I have not done that for a while and that made me think of why I had not

One reason being my one sister is being a total pain in the butt, the other is doing the yuppie thing right now and the third we talk but she is pregnant so usually falls asleep before I call which I call late because...

I am on late because I post RPG stories and such with people online and tend to be more of a night owl and staggered late timewise so I miss talking to my sisters which made me miss hearing.....

The lines from Ghost when we quote them so I was thinking back to Whoopi and Edward even popped back up (as did the MadTV skit - damn that was so funny, the comedian made JE to be an ass and was telling people bad stuff, Like okay your mother says, you both should be ashamed of yourselves and your music stinks and so on)

Anyways so thinking of Ghost made me think of Demi and that got my mind to thinking about the Charlie's Angels II movie (lol yes I jump alllllll over).........

This movie, IMHO, is the biggest, most expensive PWP story I have ever known - for non-fanfic readers/writers PWP stands for Plot What Plot? Stories which are basically nothing more story wise than an excuse to write a sex scene between characters - plot is incidental if even there at all.

So I was thinking how much I like Charlie's Angels movie and the classic question of which Angel would you do (which now I am asking all of you, which would you do? I am a Kelly and Sabrina gal myself although in the movie Drew Barrymore hands down or hands all over or such would be my pick - LOL - loveeeeee Drew)

So once my brain came back from Drew and the Angels and that I will be watching that movie tonight - lol - I was back to mediums and Ghost and Whoopi and thought what if that really was true and you heard voices.....

How spooky would that be? And what if you did not know what the voices were - they all were different some stayed with you for awhile others came and went, some told you past, some future, some lies trying to deceive you and some true - I thought what an interesting character/person to be - this side of insane and if as in the stories I write/play trying to be a good guy trying to sift through the good and bad and lies and truths... what a way to grow up....

So that is kinda how I got from Vanessa to thinking about a character that hears voices - and I did cut out a couple of segments of places I jaunted off too during this crankswirl just to not totally lose ya - lol

And yes, I do this alllllll the time.... no wonder people do not talk to me much - lol

No comments: