Monday, August 07, 2006

Miss List

Caught Broad Banned Saturday night and enjoyed that - I stayed for all three of their sets because they played down in Cape May which was closer than the venues they usually play in. I even got a bottle opener keychain - most cool : ) they played at Cabanas which is too small but a nice place although I hate the parking situation down there. I try to go there though especially during winter months when they stay open - so much closes up because of the tourist seasonality. I actually try to frequent any place that stays open, plus I know it is discouraging for bands to play to five people - trust me I have been one of the five people at many a session.... I always appreciate it though and listen and enjoy...

Only have three more classes to teach for the summer class and the third class consists of the final test - which then I have to grade and get grades in - but whew, that will be all complete. I think I may be teaching Environmental science this Fall in addition to everything else - but that is of everything going on right now the funniest thing I've come across in a bit... considering my social life is nonexistent except when I go out by myself somewhere, I have not been in a relationship since my ex left - I was thinking about that the other day -you know not so much even being in a relationship - I realized there are just certain things I miss... (and yes I realize I have so much compared to others but still, there's something missing... ala Stacie orrico - "There's Gotta Be More To Life."

  • I miss having someone around when things are really going cool as much as having someone around when things go ick
  • I miss having someone to do things with that then I can talk to about the thing, even more so than doing the event is having someone who experienced it and understands so they can talk about it
  • I miss listening to someone - I love to listen and watch and I miss that more than I miss having someone to talk to
  • BACKRUBS
  • CUDDLING - OH GOD I MISS THAT - and HUGS - I mean I have hugs from my daughter and the occasion when I see my family but those are not often and they are not the same as hugs from that special someone.
  • I miss Kissing - I am not good at it, but I would love to have someone to practice with/on
  • I miss dancing - I can not dance but love to but am too shy to get out there much, I miss having someone push me out there and out of my shell
  • I miss cuddling on the couch? Did I mention that - I mean just sitting on the couch, saying nothing, watching TV but cuddling, even just leaning gently against someone
  • I miss, of course, a certain physical activity :-P ok yes I miss
    S-E-X
  • I miss knowing when I drive home from my class or work or the grocery store, that there is someone that will be around the house, someone I have to be mindful of and consider and ask before I do certain things and share things with or not share things with
  • I miss having someone I can trust with my life, love and deepest ideas - the silly, dork ideas
  • I miss being a dork with someone (I decided that needed a bullet of its own -dorkiness and being fucking stupid silly is important and a lost art form)
  • I miss exploring with someone - I like adventure but there is only so much you can do alone
  • I miss cuddling and hugging oh wait I already mentioned that, didn't I : ) hmmmmm sensing a favorite here :P
  • I miss having someone else make the decisions sometimes - ok that is weird but it really makes sense, honest
  • I miss family - I have my daughter but she is with me only part of the time and is a 6 year old, my three sisters are 1000s of miles away and with the crap going on right now I may get to see them even less so - I miss family
  • I miss silent communication - that glance, glare, face, gesture, whatever that you learn to know, react too and take care off

There is more - but I am too melancholy to go on - if reading and you are alone and have things you miss, feel free to add to the list. I know they say to have a friend, you need to be a friend, but damn it is hard to go out there - I'm not the one to make a move nevermind a first move, sigh - I miss having someone make the first move - lol

Ah well, have a day - I know I'll get through this one somehow : )




No comments: