Sunday, July 09, 2006

Movies, Pinball and variances

Someone commented about liking LOTR better than the Sopranos pinball. And yeah, I agreed for the most part with them. The reason I say that is because one of the things I like about pinball is a good game tells a story and so you are not only playing but helping write the story - yeah I know that is a weird thing :-P

Although Sopranos is a little easier in terms of making the shots needed to advance - for Sopranos it is you advance in family ranking in LOTR you advance through the three main stories - but Sopranos is IMO more formulaic making it easier to get into a groove although the one place I usually play (they only charge 25 per game for most games - I like that place)

But yeah today I played actually Sopranos, Monopoly (that was the first time and I'd play again but the game was broken somewhat – actually the Sopranos one was too) but also played Theater of Magic and Lord of the Rings (the place I hit on the boardwalk after my walk has about 15 – 20 games and all for about 25 a game – wheeee). I actually mainly played LOTR and I, to brag a little, got three free games – of course I am no where that good as the wizards– hehe – but I enjoy the game even when I do a three strike and out. And I know I am funny to watch as I really get into the game.

But this weekend really did not do too much – saw a couple of movies, both I liked – Pirates of the Caribbean and Imagine Me and You. I enjoyed some of the action shots and fights in PoC and will say no more about it to keep things spoiler free – for now – although Keira in a few scenes (again trying not to spoil) but damn she looked good and no I am not talking about the scenes where she wears a dress……

The other movie I liked a lot – from the two main actresses (both looking very hot and both very good actors) to the starting scene where on the way to her wedding she has to pee and is running through a McDonalds – that would be me – haha

I loved that the other main character is sitting for awhile at the wedding because she answers the one kid's questions that no one else would – again that would be me - lol

But the movie got me thinking about wishes and dreams and drat if only I was so lucky as the two main characters –(yes I liked the sappy happy romantic ending – no loved it) and hoping someday I am…. To bring a quote from the movie, "They say fairy tales have happy endings even though the passage can be rough."

Working on the yard some this weekend – I managed to do some pruning of the 101 bushes around this place as well as cutting grass. I also got a reminder I live in a rural place. I am going out back to put up the weed-eater and I step out my door and there on my patio not to far from me is a brown snake in the middle of eating a live frog. The frog is about 1/4 of the way in its mouth, still alive and breathing.

So after I drop the shit I am holding and scream (it was not a girly scream, really, honest, well it was not too much and too long :-P ) I go oooooo shit that is cool and go back out.

The snake had gotten spooked and moved a little into the bushes still swallowing the frog who is still breathing, you can see its bullfrog throat going in and out and it occasionally struggled as the snake worked it down. It actually got it down pretty quick. I did not see it finish as I was going in and out and it was up to the head when I went in and when I came out the snake was gone so I am guessing it had the frog in and went off to lie like a fat log and digest.

So some interesting things along the weekend and getting ready for the upcoming week. And thus – My life rolls on with the little variances from day to day – I raise my glass, tip my hat, to interesting, exciting , curiosity, adventurous, thoughtful and fun-loving/fun-producing variances I encounter….

No comments: