Friday, April 21, 2006

Wading Through the week

Well today was an awesome spring day weather wise, but work was so-so. Found out one of like only three friends I have here in NJ accepted a position at another school kinda far away and will start there in sept – I am major major bummed. I keep losing friends and people.

Had talkings with my Boss and most likely will end up staying at the school for another year but past that and in what capacity – everyday (like today) I hear someone else is leaving or moving or a job shift or…. I do not know what is going to happen but I am working like hell to hang on – anybody in the neighborhood have a spare arm I can hang onto?

Going to try and work on some more curriculum tomorrow and also working on the Bridging Program for the summer (I am the Director for that program). Thinking about trying to catch some music at The Stone Pony tomorrow.

Rented "Breakfast on Pluto" and watched it tonight – and I found I really liked it. It was a different type of movie but I understood more of the main character and his/her story than I should admit and… and damn there were a lot of things associated with this movie I just liked or laughed about and such – I'm going to have to watch it again

So watching a good movie meant I did an okay thing in a week of wading.

Been wading a lot through a lot of topics both mine, those around me and family… head is still above water (hence the wading analogy) but I've been getting deeper and deeper towards the unmotivational end of the pool – sigh – eh – hopefully things will snap and like the crocuses in my front yard that sprung into life a bit ago – the drab will have some purple or whatever soon.

Some quotes and things from "Breakfast on Pluto" that I really liked

"Figgly boogles"

"Fuck me pink with a hairy arse" (this one still has me laughing)

Robin 1: She doesn't look anything like Mitzi Gaynor!
Robin 2: What do you know about Mitzi Gaynor?
Robin 1: Nothing. But as Oscar Wilde said, "I love to talk about nothing. It's the only thing I know anything about."

Hooker (Janet Moran): Oi. You doing business, do it somewhere else, love. This pavement's got my name on it.
Patrick "Kitten" Braden: Well praise your name. Concrete.
Hooker (Janet Moran): Heh. My name is scratch your eyes out, and bite your bleed'n nose off. Which is what I'll do if you don't get off my patch.
Mr. Silky String: She giving you trouble, sir?
Patrick "Kitten" Braden: Oh, no trouble at all. We were just exchanging names.

Part of "The Womble Song" (damn watching a guy dressed as a Womble go schizoid on his boss was a classic scene – but below are the lyrics)
The Wombles

Underground, Overground, Wombling Free,
The Wombles of Wimbledon Common are we.
Making good use of the things that we find,
Things that the everyday folks leave behind.

No comments: