Monday, April 24, 2006

Innocence, Immaturity and I Wanna Be A Kid

Had a flat tire Sunday morning and had to find a place to fix it - ended up at a nearby Pep Boys (love those plug into lighter air compressors - it got me to the place, hurray).

Luckily they were not too busy and it was only replacing the one tire. So put in my name and get pointed to the waiting room - which for a car place is interesting and neat as it is adjacent to the car bays and all glass, so you can easily see and watch them working on your cars (I got to see how they do the tire as well as a few other jobs too).

But the interesting thing to watch and ponder was how the kids who were in the waiting room interacted - and made me realize how sometimes I wish I could and really how sometimes I really do act like a kid...

The adults are all sitting in the chairs, looking bored, not really talking... the kids go up to one another and start introducing themselves, start playing and oh the creativity - they made their girls go to the fungus school and were captured and were all over that waiting room and talking about all sorts of things (they were about 3 - 8 in age). And one asked another how she was hurt and so on....

Plus they were all over the room - one mother was laughing but telling her daughter to get off the floor as she was sliding around and such during the play.

But I wonder -where do we change from the kids in the auto shop to the adults and is it a good thing?

Ah, to not care or worry about things like getting messy and such - although I do admit - I am the type of person who will do the silly things, make up the stories and like to play and yes I stomp through mud puddles and the like - I also am like a little kid in many places and will play on the playground or at Disney or such - sigh - guess my maturity level are not always where others might like them - ah well.... and warning if you hang around me I am more likely than not to drag you into a highly silly and immature experience : ) any takers?

No comments: