Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Catching Up

Whoosh – felt bad (physically and motivationally) so just stuck in bed after coming home from teaching my class. We finished up the Paleozoic and started the Mesozoic – I think adding the words (drum roll please) to my official class notes as I introduced the major development in the Paleozoic, the aminote egg, was not too dorky – I even ended up with a drum roll - ok reading back over that last – no wonder I just stuck in bed last night…. I do need a bit of a life and to get out more I think…

Braces appointment today – I think they may be coming off soon – I hope because they always hurt after an adjustment (geez wonder why – lol)

Almost caught up at work with projects – I have about four big projects to try and clear my desk and have today to do it. Tomorrow I am up North in Hudson County all day touring a high school that has a more advanced online learning program in place for its students – we are bringing online learning to the high school – I will be teaching next year for Virtual High School (web page design)

Then Friday we are off – although I am not off as I have to hang around with a five year old – we are going to go see that new movie coming out – the one she has seen previews for and has been quoting the damn squirrel from the movie previews for like 2 months "I am going to kick you in the Buh-hookey – yes a new word for a certain body part…. Ah these hip youngsters…"

I still have my two college classes I am teaching to catch up – I have a test to grade in the one – a test to deliver in the other and labs, labs lotsa labs to grade – guess what I am doing tonight….

My workshop for NAF was accepted so it is on to Detroit for July – I need to get my passport so if I want to jaunt (jaunt I like that word – I am jaunting to a joust :-P ) anyways I might try to visit Canada while at the conference.

Looked at Madonna tickets Monday cause I really like her Confessions CD – but shit – 350.00 and not even those are front row? 100 for nose bleed sections – sorry Madonna – you just became an elitist – ah well I have Aretha Franklin tickets and Sound Tribe Section 9 tickets to look forward too, plus going to Chicago for conference in May and will see what I can find there.

Trying to get over the feeling of empty that happened when I came back from my trip – from constant 24/7 being around 6 adults and 11 kids to not being around peoples much outside of work and even there have been pretty secluded this week (my co worker is even on vacation). Next week is ghost town too – the high school students and teachers are off for spring break – 12 month employees such as myself are not – so the halls will be empty as are the halls of my house – I shall go play Simon and Garfunkel's Sound of Silence – hmmm I wonder if anyone has remade that… that and the song I am a Rock… I need to go research that.

No comments: