Sunday, May 07, 2006

Wow my last day in the Windy City

Had a good day. I started out catching the train into downtown and got my ticket for the 2:00 Culture and Commerce architecture tour. Then I walked all the hell over until the tour. Ended up stopping at Portillo's and got pizza. Yesterday I had this awesome Italian Beef and cheddar with sweet peppers on the side croissant at the same place. I like that place and need to go back just to try the polish sausage and other menu fare.

Today was warm and most completely awesomely gorgeous. Yesterday I froze my butt off. Chicago is like bi-polar or schizoid or something in terms of the weather – lmao

But walked around and got these cool pewter mystical figures to add to my collection. I almost got a dagger for my dagger collection but I was good. But what I got will go along with my other souvenir, a bracelet from the Field museum (it is Egyptian hieroglyphics for the word friend).

I like to get bracelets or a ring or necklace when I go somewhere; then I can say my body ornamentation is multicultural - lol - although they rarely say the place I am picking them up they usually are some other theme – like the bracelet I got in Chicago. My sister says why do you not collect shot glasses, magnets or something normal from the places you go instead of daggers and bracelets and such – I say what, you mean what I get isn't normal – lmao

The architecture tour was awesome. We got to go inside a bunch of places and hit Millennium Park and such. Plus learned things like why Chicago is called the Windy City and what a Chicago Window (in terms of architect) is…. – I want to go on all the tours and will come back just for those…. I think the Architect tours were the best then the Field museum and yes, I liked the "mystical" (that is said with tongue in cheek regarding the mystical part) Neil Tobin show and Excalibur (lol).

Going to just pack, work on grades and chill until I have to leave (I have to check out at like 330am to make sure I make my flight – man – I sleepy on plane for sure…. :)

I will miss this city a lot. Of all the places I have been so far – I find myself liking Chicago best of all and could live there (except the fricking, fuking, beeyatchey I-90 drive to and from my hotel which was nasty and as long as the train ride in or out – I feel bad for people doing that commute everyday)

No comments: