Sunday, May 14, 2006

Life's nasty curve balls

A former student of mine just Im'd me to let me know that a student from the same class she took from me was killed this Friday in a domestic altercation. The student who Im'd me I think needed to talk (I can appreciate needing someone to just talk to and work through things) and went over a lot about the class and her classmates and staying in touch with people and other things (the student that was killed was one of the better students in the class, an older woman with 2 kids, 3 and 13, was very out going in personality and worked at an alternative high school and was always very busy and participated in the extra credit stuff - including a field trip which the student that IM'd me also went on - that was a great trip and I even have a blog entry somewhere about it...). Some Mother's Day for that family :-( fuck I hate when the world reminds me of how many nasty crevices are sprinkled through out the good things. Although this also makes me pause and realize for all I feel I have missing, along with all of the little crevices I have in my life filled with blah or sadness or such, I do have a lot of good things too....

No comments: