Wednesday, May 03, 2006

exploring as always

Still going strong at the reading conference and Chicago but things on mind and busy as always.

Yesterday enjoyed a day at the conference and then the conference people through this gala – they transformed the Navy pier into the different neighborhoods of Chicago. You could walk through and eat and watch entertainment. In one section they had fortune tellers and the teachers I was with wanted to go. So I asked since I was so lonely would I find someone (hey this was free and they brought in serious tellers what the heck) – she gave me some nice things to think about and was honest (as she said "You will have to kiss a hell of a lot of toes before finding the right frog that turns into a princess" – yes her words not mine she got that I am looking for the princess not a prince – go figure :) so I have work but hope – so where's my princess already?)

The evening ended with a live band, dancing and it was a nice time.

Today more conference and meeting authors and trying hard not to buy a ton of books – oh I love reading. Then walked a little around part of downtown Chicago before hitting the House of Blues for dinner and some good music (and a nice little floor show at the bar watching these women picking up some men).

Tomorrow is conference then seeing a little more of Chicago – man this is an awesome town.

No comments: