Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Man where did the weekend go?

I ended up getting some things done this weekend much to my amazement.

Looks like I may be teaching Physical science for Cumberland County College this summer (yes I am nuts).

Managed to get a bunch of chores done including starting to work on my front yard - still a-ways to go and of course there is the wild jungle in the back. Also got to do something I really like with someone on Sunday - although that is still a depressing subject (I wish things were different and could work out in a perfect "take things to next step level" and that I had the guts to find out one way or the other although I know things are wayyyy to different and this other person would never think of or be interested and why ruin what you got for something that ain't happening and damn if I could find a person just like her I'd not be lonely and be happy and....... blech...) and yes I am such as dweeb on that particular subject as my sister tells me, but then lonely is the lot in life. But at least I am trying to find fun moments in between the all alone so there is a lot of good going on too....

Caught a couple music sets this weekend. Saturday headed to Caffery's in Forked River and caught all three sets of - one of my favorite cover bands. I really like their sets and everyone sings and participates. Got to talk to the drummer some in-between sets and learned some about touring and what it takes to set up gigs. I have more questions on that which means I have a good excuse for catching them again sometime and hounding the poor drummer and her band mates with my silly questions (I did learn the answer though to a question I had, the drummer is married - damn it can't have the person I referenced earlier and now no drummer, awww poopheads dramatic sigh and wry laughter :-P

Sunday was awesome crazy music wise. I headed into Atlantic City, House of Blues (big mistakey on MD weekend but ah well). But it was to see a tribute band, Lez Zepplin. F-in-K I fell hook line and sinker in love. I am purchasing tickets as we speak for their next concert. The four women were awesome, awesome, the Page guitarist, she is a goddess and watching her play - during her bow solo -ok this sounds guttural and crass but I have never ever seen someone fuck a guitar (not make love, not like use it as an implement ir ick like that.... I mean making down and dirty and physical and OMG sexy making me and 100 guys in that room drool and caressing the thing as if it were a lover and... ok I stop now - lol) Shit, and just everything was good including the show they put on..... I highly recommend them even if not a Zepplin fan.

Summer concert list filling up but still, alas I am all alone. But they include
Lez Zepplin next weekend

Ø Aretha Franklin
Ø Hillary Duff (do not ask - I am taking a 6 year old, but hell I admit I like a bunch of her stuff like Come Clean adn Fly - so there)
Ø Panic at the Disco!, Dresden Dolls and The Hush Sound (Oh I am stoked about that one)
Ø O.A.R and Jack's Mannequin (yes the stoked feeling continues)
Ø And more to come - wheeeeeeeee


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your website. It has a lot of great pictures and is very informative.
»

Anonymous said...

Hallo I absolutely adore your site. You have beautiful graphics I have ever seen.
»

Anonymous said...

Very best site. Keep working. Will return in the near future.
»