Friday, May 05, 2006

Defying Gravity

A side note about yesterday before on to today – the three other teachers wanted to walk Michigan Ave (the place with tons of shops) – well they got into it and knew the stores and clothing and really were trying things on and some even bought some – but I felt so out of place. In the one store while they are looking at dresses and skirts and outfits I found myself interested in this multiple tool in one (with a cool stapler, scissors, tape measure and other gadgets)

Another clothing store I looked around but then headed out and ended up standing outside listening to some street musician.

One store in the mall I realized I was standing around much like the other guys who were drug into the Anne Taylor's Loft. I actually went out to stand at the mall railing and people watched – I actually wrote a little drabble story based on that (which I will try to post later as soon as I find the brochure I wrote it on – lol)

I mean I did like looking at some things and stores and Michigan Avenue is awesome - but from a perspective of the people coming and what is available in general - not so much for actual buying of stuff that I'd like. But I really realized being with the other teachers that I really am not much like a lot of the people I work in terms of interests…. Ah well – different strokes for different folks and all that… just means harder to find people to hang with – I will some day – I will keep trying.

Anyhoos, the conference is over. Our presentation went very well and I am glad I did it but also glad it is over. A woman at our talk works at Rutgers University in NJ and does things on Technology and Literacy - I think I am going to email her and ask her about getting into the program there and doing stuff with her - what she described sounded soooo awesome - I would love to go back to school and do research and learning.......

Now I spend the weekend hanging in the area doing really touristy things. Started by getting a rental car which Budget screwed up on.

I was supposed to get a little compact car like a Ford Focus – perfect for driving around the city and unfamiliar places as it is like my car and easy to drive. Well I am checking out and they give me the price for the compact – good – and then I get to the car and it is a frickin' Outlander – I can not drive this thing – it is a sucky car so far – I can not adjust the seat right, I am using a pillow from the hotel and my back hurts – plus it is like driving a box and the blind spots are bad – damn it – but I will work it out.

Then saw Wicked – another teacher was staying til tomorrow and she had not seen the musical – I saw it in New York. Well it was F*ing awesome (hence the title of this entry). We also stopped at a couple of bookstores and I picked up the soundtrack plus the new Dresden Dolls CD and a cd by The Like. I also got this cool mini orange construction cone that says do not disturb me I am already disturbed enough – lmao

But the musical was so good, like awesome to the max and all that – I like the score and the main actors were great. I also like the messages a few of the songs give like defying gravity and yes I cried a teeny at the end – I am such a sap. But I really do need to try and work through a few things and hope life gets even better in a few areas – I feel like the I'm Not That Girl sometimes but the message in the musical (among others) is anyone can find someone who sees them for what they have to offer as a whole package and that you'll find the person who you enjoy being with… sometimes when you least expect it…. As a side note – those two lead actors totally rocked on Popular – I still got that one and defying gravity in my head –

So I leave you with a fitting blonde moment (although even as a natural blone I have nehvar, ehvar done this - honest... "And Toss, Toss." hehehehehehe

No comments: