Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Nice things over the weekend

Well not the weekend per se but caught a set by a cover band called Groove Box 6 Thursday at The Wave – they were 70s funk and disco and a little 80s. Pretty good.

Friday was blech work and other topics wise but hey caught Noises Off – the Cumberland Players – a local community theater group put the play on and it was AWESOME. I love the movie and story and the unique way they did the set and three acts just rocked, and I had the front row aisle prime seat – damn I could see everything and it was niceeeeee

Then Saturday I travled to Ocean Grove (exit 100 I am way down at exit 36 – yes I travel all over) – but went to see a script in hand play/reading of the play The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told. Oooooo man I loved it – the story was funny and also touching (okay I did not cry but teared up a few times). And the way they staged the 'play" was good. And the actors just worked so well. It was easy to see the characters not the people sitting there reading the play. I wish more stuff like that was closer to me. The play was held in a place called The starving Artist and I plan on going back up to ocean Grove during the day and walking around.

And I only got lost twice getting to the place – LMAO

Sunday was errand and at home day and I started the long project of redoing the little front and back yard I have – and today my shoulders and neck hurt but I did get a start to things.

It is spring break for the two college classes I teach but regular work for my day job.

It is also two years this week since my ex left. And thus two years since being in a relationship with anyone as I have not seen anyone or dated or anything along those lines since we separated. Two years alone is a long time but I know there are many who have more tick marks in that area then I do.

But the spring break time leads to thoughts about those topics and wondering if it's just two years and someone is around the corner or if this is a much more routine thing and going to be the norm – I hope it is the first and I keep racing and peeking around that damn corner hoping to find someone peeking back at me…. And this is where I get really depressed and shout "okay damn it Marco now someone shout Polo fuck it so I can find you already…" ok got that outta my system……

Yup I'll keep checking and as my sister says someone will be there of course the way I bumble through life I will end up tripping and plowing into them knocking them down – hey they say first impressions - lol

PS – I got a letter today – it was the best part of the whole day in fact it is the kind of thing to help put this week into good thoughts not those other thoughts – something to focus on other than the down side of 2 long years and being alone – so yes, your letter came at a very good time, very, very good time – thank you you who sent it and as a plus any time this week or such I am feeling blech, I can look at one of your questions and things you mentioned and distract myself by exploring that idea (e.g. finding out about the music group, and finding the books you mentioned and the movies and… well all the wonderful things you put in there – lots of things to focus on that are good in life, like a letter and the special person who wrote it (PSS if you read this you really are an awesome, special woman and the world needs more like you, I mean it!)

No comments: