Monday, March 20, 2006

awesome concert

Attended an awesome concert last night (Oh yeah she screams pumping fist in air and screaming rock on, oh hell yeah - lol)

Went to the tweeter Center in Camden and say The Hush Sound, First to Last, Hawthorne Heights, All American Rejects and Fallout Boy. I liked all of them (although First to Last is kinda like heavy The Darkness so was not as much into them).

I like the sound of The Hush Sound and got their CD - very good and I would (hopefully will) see them again. First to Last as mentioned was more heavy metal and the lead screamer I mean singer had a thing for his hair (kept touching it, no fondling it would be a better word - lol) - it was at least entertaining to watch them prancing around.

The last three bands of course is why I went - I liked HH here although seeing them as the lead at House of Blues made this performance of course seem too short. Interesting note - at HOB they did more of their screamo stuff and less of that was done here.

The All-American Rejects was actually my favo band of the night and why I got the tickets - I'd love to see them headline and hope that happens. I have had Dirty Little Secret and Move Along in my head for about three weeks and now they are FIRMLY in head (got their CD too). They did Swing, Swing which man I was already jumping but that really got me going.

None of the first four bands had much of a stage act although the stage presence of HH and TAAR were really good. But Fallout Boy - ok they had presence and stage fun. They took the whole stage first off as opposed to the other bands that only played about half the stage. The backdrop where these huge curtains with some cartoon guy in some bad situation and they kept changing them every few songs. So that was cool and the scenes were darkly funny (like the second one was the guy taking a bath and a toaster that is on is dropping towards him even as he is unaware.

Then they had two side screens with clips and movies going every song. Add to that they had pyrotechnics OMG scared the shit outta me and half the crowd but when they did Sugar We're Going Down as they sang the first chorus there was a loud canon bang and flames shot up along the back of the stage. They used the flames for a few other songs. That was COOOOOOLLLLL, then the one band member talked a lot between songs and he had a swear box. LMAO every time he swore, he plopped a T-Shirt in the box and at the end of the concert they threw about 20 shirts or more into the crowd - nice fan appreciation. The same guy kept flipping his guitar picks into the crowd which was cool - I swear he musta tossed out at least 30 or more.

Then there was this weird intermission - the band left the stage and this guy came out and demonstrated an ATOMIC WEDGIE - he had stage hands come out and hold his underwear (no shit I kid you not) as he jumped down from the high stage - it ripped his underwear right off (which was oooooowwwww and ewwww and then they threw it into the crowd - ick)

Also the one band member - the same one that talked to the crowd and was throwing picks into crowd - he jumped into the pit and when they got him back on stage - his shirt was all ripped and barely hanging on him - DAMN - he also went into the crowd for the last song - but there he had a stage hand holding him - LMAO

The crowd was interesting and fun to watch. I was only five rows back from the pit and that was pretty close to the stage. So other than my usual I can not see I had a decent view and managed to dance and weave and bob and still catch everything. On my one side were a couple of girls who found it more fun to critique and make fun of the other people around. They were dressed like the chick from Legally blonde but priss and snob suited their demeanor better - they enjoyed a few of the songs. Right in front of them were two guys who stood there the entire time and did not move and kept leaving their seats. To my right was a cool group who sang and enjoyed the concert as did the group right in front (who were funny and joking and cracking up all the time.)

I had an awesome time and danced and sang and it was fun. Whoooo and Wheeee

No comments: