Sunday, March 19, 2006

just hanging around waiting on others

Well ysterday I was sitting around waiting for a dresser to be delivered. They could not give me any indication of time other than Saturday. So I sit around trying to be productive and do things while waiting.

It is hard, I do not feel too motivated or want to get into any large project because as soon as I get set they come and disturb.

This means icky stuff like cleaning, trying to read, or other little things are so far filling the day.

I plan more yard work, yes the never ending battle with the weeds and landscape. The woman who owned the house before this had an ultra forest green thumb. I have a mega purple thumb – which means brown – or rather brown is now the color of most of the front and back yard ;-P

So I got some tools and have been slowly ripping up stuff and trying to actually work it into something – tight now I am still in the break my back and make muscles I never knew I had mad stage. I dig, garden weasel and fight to tear up the layer of stuff there now. Throw it on this dollar store tarp and then drag it to the back forty field we have here.

The back forty field is not actually mine but it is – hehe I can use it and could plant or whatever but it is kinda co owned by the development – or something weird. It was in the fine print I signed when getting this place and I hate fine print. So I drag the dirt and weeds in the back, dump the tarp which is hard because it is heavy and if I lift it up over my head I am not tall enough so I lift and twist and shit.

Then I go back and repeat. I still got a lot to do. Then I gotta think what to put in place. Sand and rocks sounding pretty good to me right now but I know that is not all green and environment friendly. I know I want something I do not have to water. See that makes me sound good and all environmental conscious when really I am lazy as hell and do not wanna water. – Hey if it makes me look good and gets noticed by a girl – just teasing.

So I exercised a little, cleaning, going to do yard work and trying to grade labs and stuff.

And of course once the furniture comes more rearranging and such shall occur – blech housework and projects…..

At least tomorrow it is Fall Out Boy, All-American Rejects, Hawthorne Heights and more – ohhhhhh yeahhhhhhhhhhh and two weeks until I visit my sister with my daughter and we all hit Disneyland. I am the biggest kid of them all and running around.

Seriously, check out this picture and pick me out from all my nieces, nephews and daughter – betcha can't – hehehehe – and missing from this picture is little baby Ian the newest nephew – I get to see him for the first time when I go – I get to hold him for first time and everything – more fun

http://home.comcast.net/~jstratton1/DSC00655.JPG

No comments: