Friday, February 03, 2006

Opossums, music and other assorted stuff

Whew Life is up and down and all around lately. Work atmosphere is weird, big changes coming maybes in my life depending on what happens at the school as it is fairly definite by July my boss will be leaving (which is why things are getting very busy now as she is the thing that keeps this school together and she is trying to get a number of projects in motion and done).

Yesterday had busy day at work trying to coordinate a couple of events for the students in the National Academy Foundation academies (I am the Director of the three programs for our school). So lots of details there - I am multitasking queen.

Then trying to do curriculum, teaching and all sorts of other things. School has so much going on in terms of what I do.

Last night went back to Trump Marina and the Wave - this time the band was Usual Suspects - a nice cover band that did mainly 60s and 70s with a little bit of other stuff. There were the usually handful of people and some stories to watch (like in a small group - one person getting drunk and getting more and more outrageous on the dance floor and watching other people around trying to keep her from getting tooo wild)

I had an interesting experience driving to the club - and it was weirdly fitting given yesterday was groundhog day (my life is so freaky F*ed up sometimes that it just really fit). But I am driving out of my development and on my street I see a grey furry thing lumbering across the road - so I have seen cats and rabbits - we are surrounded semi by woods and fields. But here it was a flipping Opossum - no shit - there was an opossum kinda crossing the road in front of me - it looked at me as I stopped and then headed out and across yards into the dark...

So on Groundhog day what does it mean if the Opossum sees its shadow in your headlights? LMFAO

Today is crazy - I barely am able to sit down - I am just sitting here now listening to my Internet radio and typing this as my lunch. But I plan on going to this new venue tonight - Appel Farms www.appelfarm.org - I have wanted to go for awhile - it is about an hour and a half drive from house but it is local arts, music and theater and I really need to get out tonight. Of course as usual it is just me heading there - but I will have fun regardless. The key is to explore new things and life and enjoy what I do.

Also wanna see Brokeback mountain so will try that to fit that in somewhere to. At least I finished Lois and Clark season 1 - man the last scene in the second to last eppy was really good - seeing Superman standing in the desolate arctic screaming out his loss and then bowing his head in his hands and maybe crying - ok I have felt like that with relationships so I can relate - I was screaming right along with him... well my screaming did not cause glaciers to crack - but still.... :-D

No comments: