Friday, February 24, 2006

keeping about a hop or skip or such ahead - barely

Whew - work just keeps getting more and more fun... :-P

attended a union meeting - the first one after the main body voted down the contract offered - man people were getting very soapboxy and snippy and geez... ok no more talking about unions before I voice my real thoughts on things

Managed to get through my NAF meeting today - I really care about this program and such and just keep making more and more work for myself, but it is good - we managed to work up a few more events for the students including attending a chamber of commerce workshop about websites and businesses and a women in business conference...

so I continue to plug away at NAF and having to do director things which I do not like but I keep doing - hey found out I should get a passport because NAF's summer conference is in Detroit and I guess Canada is just right there - hehe - so that might be nice - if I am not doing what I usually do at these conferences which is sign up for the extra workshops and end up supera busy.

Gotta keep chipping away at this curriculum stuff and researching graduate school - I may need to go back and take classes... but... I may not be able to because of some catch-22 stuff... plus I may end up in a weird job at the school ... who knows, we will see - again so much is in flux at work... I wish I could find something stable for a bit... eh well, life as a static doldrums would be worse for me I think.... although easier on the stress, nerves and tummy - lol

got to get out to the Borgatta (Gypsy Bar) and saw Fuzzy Bunny Slippers tonight (and had a pomegranate margarita). I like this cover band and had a nice time.

Hawthorne heights at House of Blues tickets for next week - yessssss and not sure if going to sneak out tomorrow and catch something somewhere or be good and stay at home and write curriculum and grade tests and labs - I wanna rent a few movies like Saw II, DOmino, Girl Play (again - I liked it) - I also wanna buy Rent - will prolly stop to get that for sure tomorrow - there are a few other movies too - so will see about grabbing those.

And even though my boss at the one college is retiring - she is still doing the fall schedule and called me asking me to do Physical Geology for her as a hybrid again (lecture face to face - lab online) for fall - so hey that is awesome and gives me a chance to wow the incoming person so maybe he/she will keep hiring me (I love teaching geology...)

Alright off to read some (working through my Bird of Prey comics as well as a couple other comic series and also a book called Staying Dead by Laura Gilman and maybes I will reread Atlas Shrugged - yeah my tastes are all over in reading as well as everything else - I am too freaky I think - lol) and also will listen to Fall Out Boy, the Veronica's and Panic at the Disco - how's that for a CD rotation - hehe

No comments: