Thursday, February 18, 2010

Web Series "Book Club"

Ok - I kinda mentioned this before - but I now have time that I really want to organize this. The idea is fairly simply - taking a "page" from book clubs (yes the bad puns have begun) - a web series is selected - watched by the group and discussed 9everything from did you like/not like to commenting about the themes, the way the series was made, how it was distributed and o on - both content and production conversations).

In theory - every member takes a turn picking a web series. They Moderate the series - meaning - they provide the info for viewing - they pick what to watch (If it is a longer series are we just watching one season or what) and they have to create kick off discussion topics (these would be used to generate discussion about the web series).

So - I am sending this out semi-official - I am looking for two types of people. One - people interested in organizing this and helping iron out details and setup (how are discussions done meaning do we try for both real time chats and also forum boards or just stick to forum boards and of course we need to set up a board or place to exist and we need to decide do we use Ning - try to find a host, or what... and so on)

The second type is someone interested in participating.... meaning - who is up for watching web series and diving into serious discussions about the series.

ok so - I really wanna do this and as long as at least one other person is up for this - I'll do it :P

so contact me at docwho2100@gmail.com and let me know - I'd love to get this going in March!!!!!!!

No comments: