Thursday, February 18, 2010

Interesting transmedia article - and adding timelines and visuals to my story maps

Found a good article by Carlos Scolari on transmedia - it makes my head go poof in a few places and need to reread it a few more times - especially the parts about semotics and narratology - uses the show/universe 24 as an example and does a good job - I like a couple of the figures and also the table he uses got me to thinking that for the transmedia story maps I am working on -

if possible, a universe timeline might be cool if it could be created - it could not be a complete linear feature because some things happen concurrently - so using geology dating principles, more of a relative tiem scale than an absolute one - although many sources might include multiple time points - so how to organize those???? a visual transmedia map

more refining on the website it seems ; )

http://ijoc.org/ojs/index.php/ijoc/article/viewFile/477/336

No comments: