Thursday, September 28, 2006

communication

I am teaching a lot of online courses this semester and i started my move toward high school teacher certification and am teaching a high school class online as well as my college online classes (so two college courses online and a high school course)

Because I am going for alternate route for the high school teaching (which is a big pain and a very weird thing because I have a degree in education and have student taught but I have to do this alternate route because of the certificate I am going for and well other stuff but I will not go on about alternate route now - save that for later)

But as part of the process I am finding myself having to compare and contrast online to face to face environments a lot.

As such I am wondering more and more about the world of online communication both professionally, academically and of course personal - the personal as I have many online friends and yes I have many online crushes and even a few deeper than crushes although those are all one way - I have yet to have an online romance (one area of the online world and face to face world missing form my life right now - lol)

But I find myself wondering - how do you truly know and interpret someone on the other end of the screen - if they do not reply to your pings or communications it is personal, is it just something on their end, or... well, there is lots more to say on this subject and when I am more focused i will.... ah communication in general - always a tricky thing and one so important and one that leads to the most hurt and happies most encounter – blah

But this entry is triggered because an online person seems in the last week or so to have changed in their online communication style with me...

is it truly a change
is it something just perceived by me
is it a temporary thing is it a more permanent change
is it something I did, is it totally unrelated to me... and happening all over or all online but…
if it is changed because of something good, yay but if bad, I want to help
but how can I if i do not know
and how can i know if the communication is awkward....

So many questions and ways to interpret and misinterpret... :(

and I just miss my friend and want her back and want to help if something is up and want to know if it is something real or just an odd timing and me reading (sly pun there) more into things then there is there to read....

No comments: