Sunday, September 03, 2006

Dragon Con marches on and I just GAWK

Well Saturday was a hooottttt

Started up and early to pay parking fee for next day – van is still there – I am stylin'

Then all other staff members save my sister are passed out in their room so Kathy (sister) and I go and show up for first panels and get those running.

Then we head over to the walk of fame and GAWK at the stars (OMG he looks old – is that really that dude) – but we went because I had one thing I really really really wanted – to meet Yvonne Craig and get "Batgirl's" autograph. SHE LOOKED SO GOOD and was so nice. I bought her book – form Ballet to the Batcave and will post review when done – then I had her pick her favorite Batgirl on a motorcycle (oh damn those words just could have described certain fantasies of mine) and she signed it for me – and I shook her hand and chatted about a necklace of hers and stuff – OK OK FanGirl moment over :-P

Then some more panels and Kath and I stopped in a pub for some pulled pork and reubens then we helped with the Anime Costume contest – which was awesome.

Then we helped with a few more panels then headed back to room for some work and sleep and margaritas (not quite in that order)

We also accosted many people in costume and asked for pictures… and will continue that tonight.

We had paper airplane duels and contests during some of the panels – that was fun believe it or not. And my airplane sometimes kinda went a little ways.

I also read through some Y the last man comics and a little 1935 phamplet – The Art of Kissing.

Wheeeeee – just so much to see and doooooooooo

No comments: