Sunday, December 11, 2005

I admit it – I like NYC

Okay just got back from a bus trip to New York City and call me crazy – I fucking love that place. Some of the people asked on the trip – would you really consider living in the city and yeah, I would. The people, culture, crowds, incredible amount of things to do and see and hear and smell and touch and taste.

If I did not have to worry about certain things…

The trip was good – the bus dropped the group off about 3 hours before the musical. A small group of us walked around loking at Times Square – went to see the tree and all the craziness there – spongebob, Grinch, Scooby Doo, santa, hello kitty and other characters were all walking around – if I had a camera I so would have had my picture taken.

Then we ate at this deli where up stairs this weird person kept falling asleep at this table but in between times when they like zoned out, they would come awake and were counting a lot of money, but the money was hidden on a chair - I could se it form my seat and they had a cell phone texting someone. But they did it all slow and weird and stuff…. Hmm wonder where all that money came from and why they were acting zoned out... :P But the chedder and veggie burger was good and I and this other person were adventerous and dared to by a wrapped unmarked baked good that looked like a homemade version of a fig newton - no one else in the group dared eat it I was like ah well - the bus has a bathroom in it - lmao...

The musical was great - Fiddler on the Roof with Rosie O'Donnell and Harvey Fierstein and I enjoyed the stage arrangement and overall the structure of the Minskoff theater.

I got a cool present for myself – a Seasons of Love Medallion from the musical Rent

It says seasons of love and rent on the front and has in a circle around that the names of four of the songs – on the back are the lyrics to most of the song of Seasons of Love – it is so cool and seasons of Love is just about one of my all time favorite songs. That was a good find – because now when I get lonely or thinking about depressing things or not having someone around – I will try looking at the medallion and thinking that I have a lot of moments and one moment I will find someone.

It looks like travel plans will be for the week after New Years – gotta submit my vacation day form Monday. So going for Jan 2 – 9 – Still looking at Memphis or maybe go to Universal – since no one else can go, eh, we'll see what fortune brings my way…

No comments: