Friday, August 05, 2005

Salivating Over Nerd Tools and Taking small steps

Riding the waves of another week in the bag just about.

Well, this week closes to an end - very hectic as it was my first week back from all of the traveling - whew had a lot to catch up.

Plus the high school freshman Summer Bridging program started and I am the Director so I end up making sure things keep moving and students and staff are where they should be. Means a lot of running around and doing anything and everything to make sure everyone is happy.

You know that is my MO - trying to make everyone happy. Someone talked to me about that some. I just like making sure people are enjoying themselves and life, a selfish act that sounds selfless - see I really do feel good when others are happy and I am selfish knowing I helped make them feel happy.

Listening to Lisa Marie's first CD - I hope she comes back this way on the second part of her tour. I like Lights Out as well as a few others from the CD.

Trying to figure out what if anything I'll do for the weekend - ooh maybe sort my cds by date they were released (just teasing, even I am not that sort organize happy...) Although I frightened my co-workers today.

I got all giddy, gushy and doing the happy bunny dance over a new tool I saw in staples - it is a highlighter with a built in set of those post-it flags right in the barrel of the highlighter. More time for marking and nerding up my document and less time wasted on finding proper supplies!!!!

Multi-colored post-it notes, flags and sticker tags all creating a false sense of security by masking the truly chaotic nature that is me and making me think I have it together. The superglue for my ditzy, rambling, spastic approach to life - that approach being bubbly, forgetful, spacey and very hard for those around me to follow my thoughts and rambling speech when I really get going (crankswirl galore and from one thought to another in less than 60 milliseconds - wah hoo and ride em' cowgirl)

This neat gadget I found is a combo pen thing. I can highlight and flag tag all with one thing --- oooooohhhh nerd heaven - Homer Simpson drooling over note organizer things euphoria hits.... okay I think I am thoroughly embarrassed now. Fight it... Resist the urge to circle, annotate or color-code.... Fighting, fighting...

And regarding some of those points I was pondering and mentioned in an earlier blog - still feeling pensive, sad, melancholy and longing regarding some of those topics and thoughts, but at least I know a little better what I want and what I am looking for... so a small step towards something good....

No comments: