Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Just Taking It All In, Silly Dorky Stunts, Road Trip Horror Anticipation – That's me

I let my neighbor know what I suspected for a few days and kinda confirmed it. Since I've lived here (about a year and a month) my next door neighbor has not driven her car much, it stays parked in the driveway we share. And especially the last three months or so I do not think she's driven it all (not sure if she gets out much really, her daughter comes almost every day)

Well about a week or maybe two ago I really started noticing bees would be around the one door of her car. The driver's side back door. When you look at cars there is that little space between the door and the car – you can usually see and it kinda trace a long it and stuff.

Well bees have built a hive in her car. If you really look in that space you can see the white/gray and there are always bees going in and out there now. That sucks cause I do not like bees. My one sister is allergic, never really been stung so not sure if I am or if t would be and such… so I just hope when she sprays or whatever she lets me know – if I am going to be driving home and parking next to displaced bees...

Got some painting done but then got sick so that and a long walk along the Atlantic city boardwalk (spent two hours walking almost the entire length – means I got in a good five miles plus) but that was about what my weekend consisted of.

Although was flipping channels late one night and saw an eppy of Roseanne that was funny as shit. I love Absolutely Fabulous – in fact I plan on renting (I really should buy and will) some of the episodes because of the Roseanne.

Basically she did the episode in Ab Fab style and even had Patsy and Edina actresses guest appear as themselves and such in what was some weird dream or something (the underlying theme was Becky having a baby and Roseanne becoming a grandmother – which fits with the hernia that caused Ednia on Ab Fab when Saffy got pregnant)…. But shit I kept LMAO big time watching that (Roseanne tried for awhile to make an American version of Ab Fab and I think that went no where in the long run although I think she did help produce some Ab Fab stuff... hmm I am going to the web site now and seeing what is up with the show. Ab Fab a secret guilty pleasure…)

But after the weekend that was too fast moving and not too memorable, came back to work and well working on Monday– lol – and then tomorrow more of the same – well throw in an oil change and maybes go look at CD

Got coupons for free CDs which is a nice thing... too bad the free CD place is not near the car place, then I could do that at same time and like save time... but no, there is not much by the car place... well Home Depot is there – I can go be tool woman, or a little further is an arts and crafts store – I go Martha Stewart for a bit... lol

Trying to see if anyone wants to be crazy and go on Thursday to see a local cover band… I think I am the only crazy one who wants to do something like that, especially on a Thursday – but then hey I did a dorky thing today at work.

I made these signs – they said "Have an awesome day!!" and had this picture of multi-colored smiley faces – I then printed about 70 of them in color and taped them to the fronts of all of the chairs for when the students came walking in (this week we are in the conference center so the seats are like auditorium seats).

And there was no reason behind this, no game, no reference to one of the activities for the program... I just did it cause I am a dorkwad silly person who likes to do odd things like that. That's me for ya… now I must figure out my next silly, dorky act and unleash the corniness... hehe I made the students and the teachers wonder about me... Like most people don’t already – hehe – keep them on their toes, keep them guessing, doing something to get through the day….

Okay started making compilation CDs both for when I am walking and driving.

I like to put on a CD and go, makes it easier to ignore the wackos who say things or try to ask for change and is motivation to keep going or helps my mind roam to other thoughts as music is a great motivator and such for me.

But also making them up for upcoming road trip – of course I do not have a CD player in my car – LMAO – so I will either bring my headphone set and have to deal with that or maybes I can look into one of those converters

But getting music ready for road trip to Atlanta – not as fun driving alone.

Because there is no one to sing out of tune with you to the music (you are responsible for that horrible warbling, squawking nose all by yourself and no way you can blame it on an invisible parrot, I know I tried that story once and it just did not work...)

No one to tease or con into getting that Twinkie from Bubba the enforcer in the little glass cubicle that watches your every little move and says something through an intercom when you are not expecting it and then laughs watching you jump five feet and make a mess (both knocking stuff over and in your pants...) No one to trick into pumping gas (NJ has a law you can not pump gas, no self serve at all in the state, so I rarely pump gas and always afraid I will be awash in the stuff when I go outta state).

No one to compare bathroom horror stories. No one to spot you at the door in the bathroom that NEVER LOCKS and then the scariest people know it does not lock and right when you are in the middle of something they walk in and then just stand there in shock or something before going "Oh this was not locked – no shit Sherlock" you say trying to be cool with your pants down and then resisting urge to say, "So do you come here often?"

Yes no one to protect you and make sure Big Mamma stays in her own stall. No one to share that awesome, WTF moment as you are driving, eating in a high class diner (they import their cockroaches thank you) or such… You know what I mean... the... "Did you just see that? No we did not just see that… OMG what was that person thinking and how the hell did they manage to get in that position..." Hehe)

But at least Dragon Con will be awesome (watching people, more wondering how people got into that costume or position or such - lmao, listening to lots of live music and cool speakers/talks, teasing my track director mercilessly, walking around the Con just taking in the sights and sounds) and meeting a couple of friends there – so much fun to be had at month's end – YAY!

No comments: