Thursday, July 28, 2005

Okay – it is official – I am losing it

Well I am too busy

Top Ten Ways You Know You Are a True Ditzy Blonde (I should collect a list of these for real - be embarrassing but funny as they have truth to them at least in my case)

Number 1 – you walk around all day wearing a blouse that has a small v-neck collar line and a few buttons backwards

Second full day back to work and it was full of getting ready for all sorts of things

One was the Bridging Program (I am the Director meaning I run the silly show which is to spend three and a half weeks with 40 of our incoming 9th graders helping them with English/Math/Study Skills). I am copying everything from evaluation forms to study skill packets to staff hand books to pre tests, etc.

Another was meeting with the QUILT team – went to Nashville with 6 other people including my boss this summer for three full days of training for this method of bringing higher level thinking skills into the classroom – everything from how you write questions to how you conduct question sessions in the classroom. Today's meeting was to find out what people thought of the training, to get them creating a brochure and display case for the school to tell others about the program and coming up with a plan for how to teach QUILT to the rest of the staff.

This means I have more work for that lovely program (my boss wants my co worker and I each month to spend two 40 minute periods with EVERY SINGLE STAFF member for training regarding this program).

I also have to design and purchase t-shirts for the staff and get support materials ordered such as quilt manuals.

Then people coming in to discuss the curriculum I am helping them review – so lots of distractions there

Plus tons of the stupid, little details like send an email here about this, send an email there about that, schedule a meeting then and so on continue to crop up – my office and the computer center are physically littered with tons and I am being serious, tons, ofpost it notes because that is the best way for me to remember

My memory is here today gone yesterday sometimes – lol

I could wall paper my office in post its

Blech and blah and whew – well I hope to really tackle curriculum this weekend and I get to wave my power wand and send out emails saying oh noticed you have not completed your curriculum, please finish, like now… lol

Hey at least I got my reimbursement forms filled out for the conferences – money back – yay

No comments: