Sunday, July 10, 2005

Almost time

Whew running around like crazy - leave tomorrow (glances at clock) - oh shit that's today - lol leave today at 6pm -

18 hour car drive lies ahead and down from five people in car to two - hehe I guess my music selection and such scared them away (actually my heart goes out to the three who had life rear up bite them big time on the ass and leave them having to deal with the drudge of living instead of going to the conference - hugs to you dave, donna, adaliz you will be missed)

watching weather channel - the first stop is Memphis (going to conference in Nashville but when so close to a very important place music wise and you love music as much as I do - you gotta stop... um well you don't gotta stop but I do – lol – feed that hunger for music anyway I can ;-)


So headed to Memphis and Graceland - then Tuesday heading to Nashville for conference number one - High schools that Work - presenting almost everyday (Wednesday - Friday - lucked out and have no Saturday morning presentation - yes these conferences actually run on the weekend - like what were they thinking making us have to learn and work on the weekend)

But watching Dennis and looks like we will hit Tennessee about the same time as Dennis - a race to see who takes the town by storm first - oh that was a corny bad groaner pun wasn't it? I better stop before I really start pulling out the geology puns -

After HSTW I fly straight (I mean I am attending a conference session Saturday morning and fly out in afternoon) to second conference - National Academy Foundation (somebody at work made me the Co-Director, okay my boss made me the Co-Director and since she is the other co-director it means I am the main person running the show)

That conference I am not presenting but Since I am the director I attend all day Sunday meetings and workshops for the Director as well as we are bringing in a new academy - Information Technology - so I get to do Year of planning stuff which means lots more work.

Then that next Wednesday I wrap that conference up and head to Arizona to smack my sisters around

And I do mean that almost literally, ug they frustrate me even as I love them… - the three in Az always seem to be bickering and rubbing each other the wrong way and having little bitchy-catfight hiss and spit maybe roll in the mud here and there with a hair pull or two fights all the time – kinda almost the norm in some ways in our family– blech

But this time a couple of my sisters have decided that they just do not get along... I mean like do not get along in any aspect regardless of shared blood family bonds thing (but then growing up our family was never normal, eh whose really is, but we pretty much worked to be totally opposite of that all-American white picket fence 2.5 sit down to meals family stereotype )

You know it is weird hearing someone say they will take out a restraining order on someone, even weirder when you hear your one sister say that about another sister... sigh family always there to make life interesting...

but after dealing with that and hitting Las Vegas (yes somehow that side trip is part of this whirlwind travel tour I am doing a lotta driving in next two weeks) I head home, just in time to put on the next cap I wear at work and be the Bridging Director (incoming 9th graders who need extra math and English help come through this program and I am responsible for setting it up, training the staff and doing anything from picking up paper plates to teaching some lessons to tap dancing on the table… oh wait wrong program that is the faculty talent skills show j/k)

Sssssooooo back to where I started -I am running around like crazy trying to get ready for these trips and also making sure I am set for the crazy schedule of work when I get back

Actually with the modern age of technology I can access my work from the road and so will be on a lot trying to write curriculum - hey gotta write a Robotics curriculum along with the Welding, advanced math and other ones I am overseeing (it ballooned to like over 20 different programs, dman and whew), anyone know anything about robotics? Anyone staying at a Holiday Inn (okay who out there just got that pop culture reference I made regarding the Holiday Inn commericals… no one? Great I am the only one who watches too much TV then – sigh…fine… it was a funny joke… really it was, see I'm laughing… funny… hears crickets… sorta funny… more crickets…. A little chuckle deserving…. Someone turn off the cricket sound track pleaseeeee – hehe

I am learning a lot this summer and year because of work - oh did I mention I just learned I am going to be a major player in the virtual high school the school is starting?

By January I will have attended online classes for becoming an instructor, written an online course and by Jan. will have high school students from all over enrolled in my class letting me warp I mean teach their impressionable young minds as they warp and instruct my impressionable *coughs* young mind too ;-D

Well gotta go make sure my CDs are packed, the presentation handouts are set and my sense of adventure and love of travel is all set

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee – let the fun commence

No comments: