Friday, August 21, 2009

What a learning experience

Wow, I can not begin to accurately describe my time in New Orleans (Nola, the crescent city, etc.) - I have learned so much, both about the city and its culture and about the content of the conference. Both have been good to me and made this a worthwhile experience.

It is not easy taking a week out of your life, whether for personal, business or a mix, especially as this is the end of summer and I have onoly a week until the craziness of the school year begins (which I can barely believe, wow, summer is.... gone)

That said, I have to say, without a doubt, I must come here again. I have done a lot and maximized my time, I have been walking a lot, but there is still so much to see. I hope when i come again, it is with others because that would give me an entirely different awareness as this city has a unique character that it is wonderful and even more so shared. To react to something and to watch others react.

I am working on a few stories and ideas as well as work related materials, all set to keep me busy for a very long time as well as keeping NO in my thoughts.

I must say, Nola has left an impression on me and will be a time/place/Lady I always think about.

PS - some day I will meet the creator of Nikki and Nora and thank her for introducing me to this city because it really was her show that sparked my interest and has kept me captivated and driven to learn more. - thank you Ms. Nancylee Myatt.

No comments: