Monday, August 17, 2009

Hawk - city - no way

ok so much to talk about, but a little thing for now - this is so... odd and memorable... I am working on walking the French Quarter, so I am walking down one of the side streets, just me around and I stop - on the opposite side of the street is a hawk, yes, not a pigeon or other city bird, a hawk. And it has some white feathers in its beak... I also see a few in the ground, ok, well it is scared a little as a car drives by and it goes over the steel iron post fence, but still there... curious, I stand and watch... then, a pigeon comes in, it is injured and kinda fluttering around, well, the hawk squeezes between the posts and pounce, there goes the pigeon... I recorded a little movie and all, finally someone walks down and the hawk flys away, with the pigeon, WOW - I have not seen that in the "wild" and to see it in the middle of the FQ - ok, wow... :P kinda a great analogy for my time here, and I am only on day two, wow.....

No comments: