Thursday, January 04, 2007

one of these days a better update

I need to get and sit and really catch up - one of these days, I will, honest... ah well - always IM me if you really wanna know what is going on and want to subject yourself to a julie ramble - lol

The trip finished out to be great - I should have pictures up on my web site soon - I have some now but more coming

A major excitement for me and one of those things you do and remember for the rest of your life (well I do because I am a dork and well that's what I like to do - seek out silly, weird, dorky adventure( But I got to be a balloon handler of a real Macy's day parade balloon (Universal's daily afternoon parade is a recreation of the Macy's day parade) - they are the actual balloons from the New York parade - they fly them down for Universal to use - I was on the Lead red star - the F*ing first balloon of the whole parade - it was a most awesome experience and no the balloon was not that heavy - no shorty or flying away or wizard of Oz or whatever puns or jokes


The rides were cool and sometimes things happened that just made me go wow or WTF or hmmm - for instance - I am standing in line for the Jaws ride. I am winding my way through 80 minutes of waiting in line. I look over at one of the little scenes placed along the queue to help pass the time. because it is Jaws and the theme is the beach town, the little set is a sandy beach with some crab traps and such. Basically a little throwaway thing tucked in the corner - something Universal and Disney and such have tons of and something I noticed most people IGNORED instead too busy freaking rushing around to get to the next big ride (more on that later but anyhoos) - I start really looking because in a corner is an actual cat in there.

As I watch, the cat is digging and well it started doing a real cat thing in their thousands of dollar sand set - who needs kitty litter - LMFAO - oh man everyone in the line could not understand why I burst out laughing (I watched and no one else even looked over that way and noticed...)

Ah a bit of normalcy even in the facade that is a theme park

I was also prolly an odd one out as I was a single person - everywhere I looked I saw groups and couples and families and such - but not really individuals - WHERE ARE YOU SINGLE PEOPLE - come on over my way and we can be singles together - lol

I was also prolly not the norm as I was the only one in line who had a book and was reading. I mean I knew the wait times would be long and you are in a line with only so much to look at (80 minute wait for the Jaws ride alone for instance - you can only stare at the people around you so much and none of them were real talkative - or started talking in spanish about the odd people around them - I did catch that much of a couple convos - lol)

Started back into the work routine - my night classes started up again - the topic was special education - phew a long 4 hours after an already long day. The college classes start up in a couple of weeks (I will be teaching three of those this semester) and the VHS high school online class I teach starts up the week after those - damn life is getting busy again - guess that is why outside of going to work and teaching I have no life - blech- ah well - someone out there will find me and save me from my work-a-holic self - I am sure... :P

No comments: