Sunday, January 28, 2007

lab excitement, freaky cat tricks and other things

Well had my first Environmental science lab today, I think it went well. I really felt the lecture I did went well and the students seemed to get into the activity. Of course I am probably the only one getting excited and upbeat at 8 in the morning (yes the lab is 8 – 2 although not every Saturday) talking about graphing and the metric system and independent variables and dependant variables and yes, well stop whispering geek already… :oP So lab should be fun as well as the lecture, the class so far seems to be a good group. Of course I need to see how many students come back next week.

I also found a most annoying item – the current McDonald's happy meal has this line of toys from a cartoon series. And one of the toys is a character that if you push its arm down, it makes armpit fart noises. I kid you not. And let me just say, it is a very, very evil thing…..

Been keeping busy at work, managed to push out a few projects so almost have some breathing room.

There are a few movies out I want to see, however as my usually MO is to say I am going to see a movie and then I end up finally renting it 2 years later, I will wait until I actually see them to say anymore – lol

I saw Edward Scissorshand the other weekend in Philly, whew that was a weird thing. It was not a musical but musical theater – like a ballet. All instrumental music and dancing, the whole time. It was a little too busy in some places when the different families were all dancing at once, too much to see, but it was different and cool anyways – bring on the music.

It finally snowed here a bit the other day – actually it had snowed once before, but that was nothing. This was still not much, but enough that in the morning I got upset some driving on it. Damn it, I really need to try not to get the way I do about it. I like snow in general just not having to drive on it, not that anyone likes that but I freak… I gotta try to get over that

My cat amazed me and startled me the other night. The doofhead was able to open the cupboard where I keep his cat food, no shit. The cupboards are swing doors, meaning you just pull them open. I look over and the cat is on his hind legs and is pulling/scratching at the cupboard, as I watched, he managed to get the cupboard open and then crawled inside. I was like whoaaaaa – this is also the weird cat that taps me on the shoulder – no short jokes here

I sit at the computer and many times I will feel a tapping on my shoulder – after I am done screaming because I am alone and someone is tapping on my shoulder, I will look over and there, eye level is Gyro, my cat. He is on his hind legs, leaning against the chair and using a paw to tap my shoulder, of course I end up petting hi and stuff, but still, freaky cat – and he does other weird stuff too I shall not go into – but damn, opening the cupboard…..

No comments: