Friday, January 19, 2007

movies and life

Right now I am watching Joe Vs the Volcano - it is one of my favorite movies. I find I like weird movies - not thoughtful or thought provoking or cinematic art or such... but weird dork movies. My favorites include things like

Drop Dead Gorgeous
Joe Vs the Volcano
Hudson Hawk
So I Married an Axe Murder
Love, Actually
Spoof movies in general (Vincent Price was in a spoof movie or two, can you name them)

and such - actually I like a ton of movies and will not list them here but the currently being watched movie - dang I just laugh out loud and stand in front of the TV and the dialogue

damn there are great quotes and I like it because you have to watch it - I mean I usually multitask and do this and that and that and this - but Joe is as much visual as it is audio

Actually if you watch it with the sound down it tells a story and then listen only you get a different but neat story too (yes I have done both)

But the allegory, allusion, illusion, and visual references in J V t V is incredible (like how many lightening bolts can you count - what do the different numbers mean - oh man counting how many served by a company that makes anal probes - hahahahaha) - everything in that movie is placed for a damn reason - I LOVE IT

and then, then the real message is, life sucks and then you find your brain cloud. Then you find your volcano and eventually maybe, just maybe you find your Patricia (Hey Patricia for Julie - are you out there... lol)

But you know.... J V T V really makes a neat commentary on life, and yet seems like a funky wacko movie... just like me and just like life.........

Ok I am going back to watching the movie and laughing, seriously, laughing MAO

quotes

one of my favorites - Patricia: My father says that almost the whole world is asleep. Everybody you know. Everybody you see. Everybody you talk to. He says that only a few people are awake and they live in a state of constant total amazement.

my other favorite quote (why I have no idea) - Angelica: I have no response to that.

Patricia: You mean you were diagnosed with something called a brain cloud and didn't ask for a second opinion?


Joe Banks: I've never been to L.A. before.
Angelica: What do you think?
Joe Banks: It looks fake. I like it!

No comments: